2023 NFL Draft thread

paul-mac

4 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Here's the info: https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/4/29/23704539/denver-broncos-draft-jl-skinner-sixth-round-2023-nfl-draft

Don't know why they passed on C Luke Wypler of Ohio St (who the Browns took shortly after). 

I think I read that he eats ice cream with a fork...psychopath qualities right there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Looks like they traded their other sixth-rounder to NO (they used it on A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest). Don't know what they got in return yet. 

257 and TE Adam Troutman. Former 3rd RD pick. Has all the tools. Had a solid rookie season in the covid year. Got injured late in year two and wasn’t all the way back yet last year. Worth a flier I think.

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

257 and TE Adam Troutman. Former 3rd RD pick. Has all the tools. Had a solid rookie season in the covid year. Got injured last year two and wasn’t all the way back yet last year. Worth a flier I think.

OK. That means that Albert O is gone (maybe he gets traded to Miami, as was rumored by Cecil Lammey). The 2020 draft will look even worse, with Hamler and O probably gone, and Ojemudia already gone as well (and an outside chance that Jeudy will be traded). 

Trautman is a fan fave cause of his awesome name.

Hes a good enough blocker that he won’t be getting plays blown up and he’s a pretty decent athlete that generally has height+weight+speed advantage when he’s running routes, though I wouldn’t call him a receiving threat.

Fine pickup for what you gave up, that’s for sure… at worst he’s a really solid #2 TE. 

4 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Forsyth is a damn good player. Has experience at all three IOL spots. Made all of the adjustment calls for oregons uptempo offense. Above average athlete. 

He could genuinely be a day one starter as a 7th round pick. More through lack of competition than anything to be fair.

Not to be a downer because I am part of the problem as well, but these draft weekend threads used to be 20-40 pages deep.  People get busy (my problem) and being in education there isn’t a lot of interest in football or sustained thought in the upcoming generations. 

Aside from that. I like this draft.  Don’t know how much I like giving up picks to love up but for the most part I like the players and all filled needs.  Mims isn’t a #1 maybe not even a #2 but if he’s healthy he’s a good player.  I think Sanders and Moss have the potential to be steals where selected.  Late rounds they went with upside, I’ll never fault that. 

Interesting class. I was out golfing today but I watched some highlights and read some scouting reports. One thing I like is every guy we drafted comes from a plus program - when you’re trying to create a winning culture, having guys who come from winning programs and those with high expectations is always good. I liked the trade for Troutman too, like Josh pointed out, good flier for a guy with a strong skill set who’s been hampered by some bad injury Iuck. 

We didn’t have much to work with but I’d give George and Sean a solid B for doing what they could. 

• Like 1