Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

He played well enough in a few games that he’s not going to be out of the league in the next couple seasons at least, but I am going to say that after a first round draft pick and the contract, if he’s not a starter level player, it still qualifies as a bust.

And that’s a totally objective judgment. Nothing to do with how I voted.

Pretty obvious at this point that Jordan Love is a QB with high end starter traits and maddening inconsistency. There's a lot more failures than there are Josh Allen's in the league, but Love has everything from a tool box standpoint, can LaFleur get him to a place where he shows them consistently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I have no dog in this fight and I’ve only seen this last game and bits of one previously but gee wiz, our defence which basically consists of Maxx Crosby and a bunch of other teams’ cast offs looked like the 85 Bears out there. That must be very concerning. 

He obviously has physical tools but just looked lost, confused and unable to understand what was being shown to him. I get that he’s still young and has plenty of time to mature and grow but that was a rough outing for sure. 

It’s only one game, but our D has made guys like Nick Mullins look like Montana, so I had to vote ‘bust’ given that wholly inadequate sample size. Sorry Packer fans!

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty obvious at this point that Jordan Love is a QB with high end starter traits and maddening inconsistency. There's a lot more failures than there are Josh Allen's in the league, but Love has everything from a tool box standpoint, can LaFleur get him to a place where he shows them consistently. 

Is it safe to say that with so many guys making so many mistakes, that MLF isn't a good teacher? Maybe Rodgers was plugging a lot of holes in that dam?

And standing by his DC when a defense loaded with premium talent continually underperforms is baffling.

I don't think Love gets there anytime soon but the problems in GB run deeper than the QB position. 

Edited by Jameson_Neat
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I have no dog in this fight and I’ve only seen this last game and bits of one previously but gee wiz, our defence which basically consists of Maxx Crosby and a bunch of other teams’ cast offs looked like the 85 Bears out there. That must be very concerning. 

He obviously has physical tools but just looked lost, confused and unable to understand what was being shown to him. I get that he’s still young and has plenty of time to mature and grow but that was a rough outing for sure. 

It’s only one game, but our D has made guys like Nick Mullins look like Montana, so I had to vote ‘bust’ given that wholly inadequate sample size. Sorry Packer fans!

Love struggled for sure as most young QBs do.  He only has 6 total starts under his belt.  To label a guy a bust with so little evidence is rather premature IMO.  If he is not improving as the season progresses then we can start talking about a potential bust.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Love struggled for sure as most young QBs do.  He only has 6 total starts under his belt.  To label a guy a bust with so little evidence is rather premature IMO.  If he is not improving as the season progresses then we can start talking about a potential bust.

I think saying he has only 6 starts is a bit disingenuous. 6 starts and 4 years in the NFL paints a different picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

I think saying he has only 6 starts is a bit disingenuous. 6 starts and 4 years in the NFL paints a different picture.

You think a QB learns how to play in this league holding a clip board?   Rodgers sat behind Farve for 3 years too and had some real stinkers during his first season as the full time starter in 2008.  I'm not saying Love is the second coming and he may end up never being an above average starting QB (which you can win with) but let's not jump the gun here.

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You think a QB learns how to play in this league holding a clip board?   Rodgers sat behind Farve for 3 years too and had some real stinkers during his first season as the full time starter in 2008.  I'm not saying Love is the second coming and he may end up never being an above average starting QB (which you can win with) but let's not jump the gun here.

I'm not saying any of that. I am saying there's a difference between a 4th year player with 6 starts and a rookie with 6 starts. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But apparently 8 starts is enough to give up on a guy if you talk to Ridder detractors. Bro, we're going through the same struggles this year. It's why when I was saying that he was throwing behind some WRs, I wasn't trying to be mean or rude, just point out a weakness he has right now. Love is a good QB who can get much, much better than we've seen.

54 minutes ago, Pugger said:

By the end of year one though Rodgers looked like a legit star. The book isn’t out on Love yet, but you have to expect more from a guy who has been in the system for so long already. He has definitely been more disappointing than I expected. 

How he plays the rest of the year after a slow start is what matters. If he can improve going into next year the discussion continues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Oh, I don't disagree with that honestly, but there was no option in the poll for 'lets wait and see for a couple years to make a truly informed decision' :)

I did caveat my post with the fact that that was the first full game I've seen of him so feel free to disregard my opinion, however, the problem for me with Love is that he didn't simply 'struggle' against our very, very average defence - Aiden O'Connel our 4th round rookie struggled against the impressive Chargers defence - he looked terrible against a defence that generates no pressure outside Crosby, can't stop the run and generates precious few turnovers and was missing our starting DE and #2 and #3 corners. 

To me, Love looked a lot like Trey Lance did against our D and though he's only got a handful of starts, he's not a rookie so I think he should at least have had a better grasp of what we were doing. We didn't really get much pressure on him and there were numerous times he had ages to throw but still looked lost. I just imagine what a defence like the Steelers, Bills, 49ers or Cowboys would do to him.

I totally get your point of course, but this is really a bit of a 'hot take' type thread so that is my knee jerk instant reaction if you will. Hopefully, he can mature and improve.  

Edited by Darbsk

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

By the end of year one though Rodgers looked like a legit star. The book isn’t out on Love yet, but you have to expect more from a guy who has been in the system for so long already. He has definitely been more disappointing than I expected. 

How he plays the rest of the year after a slow start is what matters. If he can improve going into next year the discussion continues. 

They knew almost immediately what they had in Rodgers and extended him midseason IIRC.

Love is struggling to put three decent to good quarters together in a single game. I'm guessing if he does put it together it will be somewhere else. 

The problem following Rodgers is that's what Love will be compared to, but success should not be determined by "is he top 5 all time at the position?"

This year will be tough to truly know what Love can be due to the GB offense being a mess. 

The o-line is worse than last year

With Jones hurt, the running game is AJ Dillon whom is much too slow to get outside or break anything. 

The receiving group 1-5 has a combined total of 40 starts

Tight Ends are rookies. 

And on top of all of that LaFleur wants to run an offense that just isn't working with the current group (Jones coming back would do wonders for this, but things really need to be simplified right now).

Rodgers himself would look bad with all of this going on (and he did last year with an overall better offense).  

Love has looked completely lost these last two games, but until some of these other things get sorted out its impossible to know how much of it is on him.

• Like 1