Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

No i just really don't like Levis at all like he's not even in my top 4 QB's of this class.  I made a legit list of the top 10 QB's of last years class, this years class, and next years class of who i liked most as a prospect coming out and would take in order.    Levis didn't make the top 10 and Ridder was at 5.   

1. Caleb
2. Mayes
3. Young
4. Stroud
5. Ridder
6. Sanders
7. Willis
8. Pickett
9. Ewers
10. Richardson

So if we had picked top 2 this year im all on board taking Young or Stroud and if Ridder doesn't do as well as i think he will this year im all on board taking Caleb or Mayes next year. 

Like i REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY don't like Levis as a QB coming out.

I get not liking Levis but who are you kidding with Ridder as a top 5 QB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

not surprised about the lack of a WR taken. might even see a TE off the board first lol

It's a lack of prototypical WR1's, but guys that can be high-(HIGH!)-end WR2's that could push WR1 production in the right scheme and with the right talent behind center, this is a good draft for that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm just praying we clean house after this year. Spend all these picks over the last half decade on defense and it's still barely above average. How about we load up on offense for once?

I was just complaining about this elsewhere. It's one thing to ignore your offense. But they don't even take the best defenders. 

Hated Rashan Gary. Hate this one almost as much. Quay Walker not exactly a superstar, yet, in fairness. Devonte Wyatt barely existed year one. 

Their last great pick was Jaire. And I at least understood Darnell Savage. Horrible drafting honestly. My opinion, but the recent results support me

Rumors started a few days ago that the Lions were targeting Gibbs at 18....my guess is they were hearing whispers someone else was going to take him sooner and they made the decision to pull the trigger. 

I disagree with the value but Gibbs/Montgomery is a pretty good backfield...especially behind our offensive line (which may be getting better before this draft is over). 

what they do at 18 will have a lot to do with how I ultimately feel about this.