2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

6 seems a bit high for wilson?

I think he'll be in that 6-8 range, depending on how teams feel about his lisfranc injury.

The Packers need to improve the pass rush. QBs consistently have too much time to pass. A better pass rush improves the play of the secondary. 

5 minutes ago, R T said:

That is not a reputable source. It is a Vols homer site. They a combine should bump and turned it into a big deal.  

The fact the article starts with this should tell you all you need to know, The Packers hold three first-round picks in the NFL Draft. 

I get it, but this has been reported by packer Twitter as well…Peter Bukowski, Ross uglem, etc etc.

These guys all posted during March that they kept hearing Hyatt was seen the same way as Olave.

Edit:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/08/packers-draft-rumor-tennessee-wr-jalin-hyatt-chris-olave-brian-gutekunst-combine/

Edited by Green19

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I get it, but this has been reported by packer Twitter as well…Peter Bukowski, Ross uglem, etc etc.

These guys all posted during March that they kept hearing Hyatt was seen the same way as Olave.

I like Hyatt a lot. Would be totally fine with him at the end of Rd 1. With Flowers rocketing up the board, Hyatt is probably my favorite value pick at WR. Love the skillset. He's easily in my top 3 WRs in this class.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Honestly, I don't have much interest debating this now, but I don't put much into anything they say either. A lot of people catch a crumb of information about a combine meeting and blow it out of proportion. The Packers met with probably every player that was at the combine in some form or another because there no reason not to. Teams often talk to a player to get info on a teammate more than info about that player. The Packers easily could have been interested in asking Hyatt about his teammate Darnell Wright who they have a real interest in. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Honestly, I don't have much interest debating this now, but I don't put much into anything they say either. A lot of people catch a crumb of information about a combine meeting and blow it out of proportion. The Packers met with probably every player that was at the combine in some form or another because there no reason not to. Teams often talk to a player to get info on a teammate more than info about that player. The Packers easily could have been interested in asking Hyatt about his teammate Darnell Wright who they have a real interest in. 

That’s fine… I was merely reacting to talk about Addison in a trade down.

Said Hyatt would be the more likely target if: trade down and they desperately wanted a WR in that spot.

He simply fits more.

Plus he has be mocked in the late first round…. But everyone here wants to jump and say no way, never, etc etc.

All I’m saying is never say never. And based on past metrics… Hyatt would be more likely than others. I get people like THEIR guy, but you aren’t picking for GB. Gute and his staff are. Which makes Hyatt a target. And on a side note packer Twitter has gotten really good at figuring out the metrics at WR for GB.

Jacob Morley said 5 guys last draft “fit” packers WR model… 4 of those dudes are on the roster right now: Watson, Doubs, Toure and Melton.

29 minutes ago, R T said:

That is not a reputable source. It is a Vols homer site. They a combine should bump and turned it into a big deal.  

The fact the article starts with this should tell you all you need to know, The Packers hold three first-round picks in the NFL Draft. 

Grays Sports Almanac GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Well, I get to go home now.

Always a fun night and a terrible morning.

Having to come on here and wade through hundreds of pages concerning who we picked and why it was dumb while a few people pat themselves on the back for announcing 20 different guys as "their guys" for the pick and one of them hits.

Skrow, Johnson, Wilson, JSN, LVN, Smith  LET'S GET 'R' DONE!

Screw You Guys Im Going Home GIF - Screw You Guys Im Going Home Cartman -  Discover & Share GIFs

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

Hyatt FEELS more like a Packers pick than JSN.

Just like my gut is telling me Richardson will go #1 overall.

You can quote this and laugh at me later.

When I have Taco Bell it does the same thing to my gut.