Pick a Bust 2023

BrownLeader

Picking this thread up again. 2022, 2020 & 2019 are interesting reads and my track record isn't bad although looks to be getting worse.

So once again this year.... what's a consensus high rated guy that'll either be a bust, or not live up to expectations?

*TBC I'm lower on these guys but I'm not saying I think every one of them will be busts...just candidates.

DT Keeanu Benton 

Built like a nose but wants to be a pass rusher. Not sure he'll end up being either. He won't have as much of a power advantage as a pro and isn't quick enough or technique capable enough to threaten as a rusher.

DT Brian Bresee

He comes off like a freight train but changes direction like one too. And when he's high he can be wiped off the planet.

DE BJ Ojulari 

Framework, athleticism and age are on his side. But imo he isn't twitchy or powerful and gets defeated too easily at the poa.

LB Jack Campbell 

He might be a coach one day and he tested like a great athlete but he doesn't play like it. He's not winning confrontations, doesn't fire to the ball and doesn't have good contact balance.

OL Matt Bergeron 

Super aggressive and athletic. But he's a liability from a strength perspective. He might eventually grow into a solid OT but I think he'll get thrown around if he's in there from the jump.

ED Will McDonald 

Big time Kiki Mingo vibes. He's punching up nicely and he can run but he's tight hipped and nearly always underpowered.

Edited by BrownLeader

Will Levis is the easy pick here

I’d also mention Zach Charbonnet as a guy that will be over drafted. He might have a decent career, but will be nowhere near worth the day 2 pick it takes to get him and I think many of his peers will go on to have much better careers than he does in this RB class. There is nothing about his game that sticks out from others in this class. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Mathews.

Edited by tyler735

3 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

LB Jack Campbell 

He might be a coach one day and he tested like a great athlete but he doesn't play like it. He's not winning confrontations, doesn't fire to the ball and doesn't have good contact balance.

This is an odd analysis, is there a particular game or clip that you can show as a reference point? Can you explain in further detail?

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

Will Levis - People are trying so hard to make something out of nothing with this guy, can't read a defense to save his life and has zero touch. Brady Quinn 2.0

Nolan Smith - has an off and on motor, technique is meh, does not have a very high football I.Q., is injury prone and is a tweener. Overall a meh player, who tested off the charts that's going to be taken with a premium draft pick

Luke Van Ness - Meh, a lot of his pressures came from running stunts, has really good straight line speed but thats pretty much it, average technique

Drew Sanders- Tweener who blitzes really well and thats about it  

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Bust is a strong word but if I want to go spicy, I'm going to say Mayer. Not an elite athlete and not elite at any one thing. He's a really good allarounder but at the NFL level that means a JAG at TE.

He still ends up north of Kmet to me