2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

4 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

he is being discriminated against because he is 5'10 and not 6'0 

He doesn't play as physically and that is nothing to do with his height...just his attitude...Lattimore seems more confidence and aggressive in his nature.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

He doesn't play as physically and that is nothing to do with his height...just his attitude...Lattimore seems more confidence and aggressive in his nature.

It also doesnt help that Ward was clearly outshined by another B1G cb who checks all the boxes and oh btw led all D1 in pass breakups and Ints.  Seriously its like some tv draftniks are looking for reasons to put cbs ahead of Jackson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It also doesnt help that Ward was clearly outshined by another B1G cb who checks all the boxes and oh btw led all D1 in pass breakups and Ints.  Seriously its like some tv draftniks are looking for reasons to put cbs ahead of Jackson

I'm guessing those draftniks didn't watch the game where Cobbs decimated the OSU backfield. Jackson is clearly the top corner IMO. But he is still a pretty big step behind Lattimore and Ramsey as prospects as well.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm guessing those draftniks didn't watch the game where Cobbs decimated the OSU backfield. Jackson is clearly the top corner IMO. But he is still a pretty big step behind Lattimore and Ramsey as prospects as well.

Id put him behind Ramsey, but i dont really see how Lattimore was better.  Especially with the injury history

49 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Id put him behind Ramsey, but i dont really see how Lattimore was better.  Especially with the injury history

I'm just speaking of play on the field. I had serious reservations on the old board about drafting him because of his injury history.

Now granted I have only watched a handful of college games of both, but Lattimore looked much better to me. Better at press, stayed in the WR's hip better, better tackler, and Ward seems to be a bit slow getting his head around sometimes. With Lattimore that was a non-issue, and he seemed to knock down a ton of his targets. Maybe the games I watched were on opposite ends of their average play, but Ward didn't even look close to Lattimore to me. Still a good player, and a first round talent, but he is more of a project than Lattimore was and isn't deserving of a top 10 pick IMO. Lattimore had top 5 talent, but injury issues.

EDIT - Just realized you probably were talking about Jackson. Crap. lol

Jackson has a ton of potential, I just wonder if he would be as good in a mainly man-coverage scheme. Iowa does a lot more zone than Lattimore did with OSU. After seeing Peanut follow Megatron so well I just value man cover corners more, but with Fangio's scheme I would be very happy with Jackson at 8. Maybe he shows he has the hips to cover the quick receivers with his 3 cone, IDK. If so, I would have him right there with Lattimore.

Edited by Sugashane

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm just speaking of play on the field. I had serious reservations on the old board about drafting him because of his injury history.

Now granted I have only watched a handful of college games of both, but Lattimore looked much better to me. Better at press, stayed in the WR's hip better, better tackler, and Ward seems to be a bit slow getting his head around sometimes. With Lattimore that was a non-issue, and he seemed to knock down a ton of his targets. Maybe the games I watched were on opposite ends of their average play, but Ward didn't even look close to Lattimore to me. Still a good player, and a first round talent, but he is more of a project than Lattimore was and isn't deserving of a top 10 pick IMO. Lattimore had top 5 talent, but injury issues.

Jackson has a ton of potential, I just wonder if he would be as good in a mainly man-coverage scheme. Iowa does a lot more zone than Lattimore did with OSU. After seeing Peanut follow Megatron so well I just value man cover corners more, but with Fangio's scheme I would be very happy with Jackson at 8. Maybe he shows he has the hips to cover the quick receivers with his 3 cone, IDK. If so, I would have him right there with Lattimore.

Jackson has amazing hands though. I could see him light up the NFL in pick 6s and generally ints. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Peanut was labeled for years as a "zone" cb bc the Bears played a lot of zone.  Jackson is getting that label bc Iowa played a lot of zone.  The problem with this is Iowa played a lot of zone for many years before Jackson and Iowa is going to play a lot of zone for many more years.  They run a very basic cover 2 designed to keep everything in front, similar to the Bears under Lovie.  I have questions about JJs change of direction bc we havent seen him do it a lot, but with his ability to close on the football i have zero questions about his explosiveness.  One of the most impressive things for me about his year was that about 5 games into the season teams were actively trying to not throw his way and he just kept coming up with balls.  In the bowl game, BC spent the entire game not throwing at him the qb does one time and he picks the ball.  His ability to close and then attack the ball at its highest point is something to marvel at.  

12 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Jackson has amazing hands though. I could see him light up the NFL in pick 6s and generally ints. 

Absolutely. There is a reason he is the top CB in the draft. His potential is sky high. I just want to see what his lateral movement and COD is. He is absolutely talented and even if they aren't great, I think he would be solid at 8.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Absolutely. There is a reason he is the top CB in the draft. His potential is sky high. I just want to see what his lateral movement and COD is. He is absolutely talented and even if they aren't great, I think he would be solid at 8.

He's so damn smooth

I think we will get an idea of if the bears want to go CB in the draft by what they do with Kyle and Prince.  if they don't sign one or both of them than we all know who the pick will be. 

Jackson's ball skills are unquestionable but he has to run well for him to be considered.  If he runs in the high 4.4s or low 4.5s I think he will be a top 10 pick.  If he runs a 4.6 he will fall

4 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

I think we will get an idea of if the bears want to go CB in the draft by what they do with Kyle and Prince.  if they don't sign one or both of them than we all know who the pick will be. 

I’d be SHOCKED if they don’t have at least one of them back, and also surprised if they don’t have a bridge starter in place by draft day even if they intend to go CB at 8.