2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

31 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

As long as he can run in the 4.4-4.5 range.  You need to be quick if you're going to be drafted as a top-10 CB.

Hes expected to run between a 4.43 and 4.51.  The people who are saying 4.6 are being absurd and basing it on nothing but the fact he plays for Iowa so he "cant be fast".  Best ball skills in the draft, best instincts in the draft.  Some questions about his hip fluidity and ankle flexion but for my money the only true shutdown cb in the class.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes expected to run between a 4.43 and 4.51.  The people who are saying 4.6 are being absurd and basing it on nothing but the fact he plays for Iowa so he "cant be fast".  Best ball skills in the draft, best instincts in the draft.  Some questions about his hip fluidity and ankle flexion but for my money the only true shutdown cb in the class.

I like Jackson but I guess it depends on what the Bears do in terms of FA signings.  If all of Fuller, Amukamara and Callahan are retained then I'm not looking at a DB early in this draft.  People are also sleeping on Deiondre Hall who still has tremendous upside IMO.  

I'm seeing a lot of Christian Kirk falling out of the first two rounds... not sure if that's going to happen during the draft, but if he's there when it's our turn in the 2nd round? I'd be hard pressed not to draft him.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm seeing a lot of Christian Kirk falling out of the first two rounds... not sure if that's going to happen during the draft, but if he's there when it's our turn in the 2nd round? I'd be hard pressed not to draft him.

There is concern he won’t run well at a stop watch position.

9 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Massie ranked 14th RT according to this article.  Starting to resign myself to the fact that an upgrade over Massie probably wont happen this offseason.   

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/03/bears-bobby-massie-ranked-14th-best-rt-in-nfl-in-2017/

Word. Dude's only 28 and on a cheap-*** contract. Keep him at RT and draft a developmental swing tackle for depth. In a year or so that kid should be able to take over RT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Word. Dude's only 28 and on a cheap-*** contract. Keep him at RT and draft a developmental swing tackle for depth. In a year or so that kid should be able to take over RT.

True I don’t think it’s going to be easy to find a clear upgrade over Massie, the interior on the other hand has been decent to good with the injuries that have piled up there over the past two seasons. 

46 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Massie ranked 14th RT according to this article.  Starting to resign myself to the fact that an upgrade over Massie probably wont happen this offseason.   

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/03/bears-bobby-massie-ranked-14th-best-rt-in-nfl-in-2017/

Massie will be hard to upgrade because the free agent class is hot garbage.

Unless you are investing 8 or 39 good luck not keeping Massie.

I'm actually leaning more and more towards BPA here. I just think the BPA does not fit our true needs. Trade down would be best but I doubt anyone will want to trade with us. Another nitemare scenario is Nick Foles singing with the Broncos or Bills. 

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I'm actually leaning more and more towards BPA here. I just think the BPA does not fit our true needs. Trade down would be best but I doubt anyone will want to trade with us. Another nitemare scenario is Nick Foles singing with the Broncos or Bills. 

Unless some team blows the Eagles away in a trade offer then I think Foles will stay in Philly as added insurance with Wentz recovering from knee surgery.  He's making fairly decent money as a backup and just as we saw last night it pays to have an excellent backup if you want to win championships.

28 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Fine by me, I really feel like Nelson has a good chance of being the BPA for us, and he is just so cool to watch I feel like he's a good pick even at position that is very low on our priority list.  Besides, in my opinion as someone who knows very little about this sort of thing, he can play RT.