2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

On 1/26/2018 at 1:17 PM, topwop1 said:

arm and makes some incredible throws at times but I'm skeptical he has all the other things you need to be a successful NFL QB.

This might be a lazy comp but he honestly reminds me a lot of Jay Cutler coming out, except that Jay actually played in a great conference going up against NFL talent, so you at least knew what to expect.

I think Edmunds has the athletic ability to play ILB on early downs, then switch over to OLB on passing downs when he move to nickel. If that's the case, that almost kills 2 birds with 1 stone at 8. 

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I think Edmunds has the athletic ability to play ILB on early downs, then switch over to OLB on passing downs when he move to nickel. If that's the case, that almost kills 2 birds with 1 stone at 8. 

I do too and I think it allows Fangio a TON of flexibility in both the pass rush and dropping into coverage. I think the kid can start next to Trevathan in base and drop down and rush the passer when we are in nickel (as you said). It's a solid move. Take the highest rated WR in round 2 and you're rocking and rolling.

lets say it shakes out like this

1 QB

2 QB

3 colts pass on chubb and take Barkley

4 Pace's MO move up and get his guy in round one and trade back in round two and recoup the picks.  what would it take for the bears to make a trade with the browns a 4th and a 3rd next year?  

6 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

lets say it shakes out like this

1 QB

2 QB

3 colts pass on chubb and take Barkley

4 Pace's MO move up and get his guy in round one and trade back in round two and recoup the picks.  what would it take for the bears to make a trade with the browns a 4th and a 3rd next year?  

Probably too much to make it worthwhile.  If I'm Pace I'm not trading up in this draft at all.  They should be able to land a player with elite talent by staying put at #8.  Chubb would obviously be a nice addition but the only position I'm mortgaging the future for is QB and they've already addressed that last year.

23 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I cant include a guy who doesnt have a true position in the top 8 picks.  And personally i think we are pretty good at safety where he projects best.

Great point. JAX definitely reached when they took Ramsey at #4. Still not sure if he should play CB or S 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what's elite about that play? Sure, it's great he kept his head on a swivel and picked up a late blitzer. It's cool that he hit him hard enough to put him on the turf... but what about that is elite? Same end result if a LG scans, picks up the blitzer, and simply stands in front of him.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Great point. JAX definitely reached when they took Ramsey at #4. Still not sure if he should play CB or S 

You are not seriously comparing Fitzpatrick to Ramsey are you?  Ramsey was a TRUE cb and the best player in his draft.  Hes just big.  Still fast still fluid.  Damn near every draft prognosticator is looking at Fitzpatrick as a safety at the next level bc he doesnt look like a natural cb on tape.  Hes a classic tweener.  My guess is Fitzpatrick will have a nice long career in the NFL covering the slot as a nickel defender. May even become the best in the league.  But you know who else did? Danieal Manning.  Maybe thats what you are looking for from the 8th overall pick, but not me.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I'm not sure what's elite about that play? Sure, it's great he kept his head on a swivel and picked up a late blitzer. It's cool that he hit him hard enough to put him on the turf... but what about that is elite? Same end result if a LG scans, picks up the blitzer, and simply stands in front of him.

Most Olmen cannot get across like that. Most wouldn't even see that.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Most Olmen cannot get across like that. Most wouldn't even see that.

He took 3 steps... guards move much further when pulling (and I'm not including once they cross the LOS).

Edited by G08

25 minutes ago, G08 said:

He took 3 steps... guards move much further when pulling (and I'm not including once they cross the LOS).

They do not redirect 330lbs that quickly after a glance across the formation. Many OLmen struggle to redirect 1 step in the other direction when someone makes an inside move.

Pulling you know where you are going and you are moving in one direction.

14 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

I’ve seen a more athletic OG. He’s on our team. 

Long is an explosive athlete but does not redirect or have the balance of Nelson.

When Long struggles it is to redirect in pass protection against stunts and inside moves. It is what hurt him out at OT.