2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You are not seriously comparing Fitzpatrick to Ramsey are you?  Ramsey was a TRUE cb and the best player in his draft.  Hes just big.  Still fast still fluid.  Damn near every draft prognosticator is looking at Fitzpatrick as a safety at the next level bc he doesnt look like a natural cb on tape.  Hes a classic tweener.  My guess is Fitzpatrick will have a nice long career in the NFL covering the slot as a nickel defender. May even become the best in the league.  But you know who else did? Danieal Manning.  Maybe thats what you are looking for from the 8th overall pick, but not me.

I'm not comparing the two players, no. I'm comparing the fact that both players had questions about if they were going to play CB or S at the next level. Your original statement was that a player without a true position shouldn't go top 8, and I mentioned that a player that had questions about his true position went top 8 two years ago

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

With Ramsey there werent questions as to whether he could play cb it was a bonus that he could ALSO play safety.  Nobody really believes that Fitzpatrick can play cb in the NFL they HOPE he can play safety. Thats a big difference and not really comparable at all.

I think he can play both positions. He’s just not the athlete Ramsey is. 

On 2/6/2018 at 10:36 AM, Nads786 said:

Has anyone seen some of the highlights that Quetin Nelson has produced? The guy is probably the most athletic OG I have ever seen. 

Exactly why I believe he posts Conklin-like numbers at the Combine and proves to be far more athletic than most OT prospects. He could easily play RT.

3 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

I think he can play both positions. He’s just not the athlete Ramsey is. 

I'm in agreement with you. He is still an athlete, Ramsey is just a freak. Minkah is still a better athlete than Peanut evver was, and I'd take 5 Peanuts in my backfield any day. Smarts/instincts, toughness, and technique can make for a hell of a player.

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm in agreement with you. He is still an athlete, Ramsey is just a freak. Minkah is still a better athlete than Peanut evver was, and I'd take 5 Peanuts in my backfield any day. Smarts/instincts, toughness, and technique can make for a hell of a player.

Peanut benefitted A LOT from Lovie’s defense too because it largely concealed his lack of top straight line speed. Minkah wouldn’t get that under Fangio. 

8 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm praying he goes in the top 7 and we get Edmunds at 8.

Soooo many WRs to be had in round 2.

Which is EXACTLY why Pace shouldn't bite. Make a 2017 Saints move and trade a future 2nd for a 3rd, draft a falling offensive weapon (Saints took Kamara @65) 

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm warming up to Edmunds a lot. He and Davenport have a ton of potential, just hope we can coach them up. Hopefully Floyd takes the next step too.

Taking Edmunds gives Fangio the option to let Floyd only focus on rushing the passer... or if he feels that Edmunds is the better pass rusher, let Floyd drop into coverage like he did last season.

It would be a hell of a get.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

Taking Edmunds gives Fangio the option to let Floyd only focus on rushing the passer... or if he feels that Edmunds is the better pass rusher, let Floyd drop into coverage like he did last season.

It would be a hell of a get.

I think it offers a lot of versatility as well, not just that one can focus on either pass coverage or pass rushing. I think both should be primarily passrushers for us, but having both be decent in coverage can really allow Fangio to throw some wrinkles into gameplans. We have to acknowledge he wants to rush 4 primarily, but if one drops back that means a DB like Fuller or Amos can use their speed to blitz from the outside occasionally. Unlike McPhee, Houston, and Young they aren't a complete liability in coverage.

Hell to be honest, I could see them being the nickel LBs for us.

DL - Houston (literally only  plays as nickel DL for cheap) - Hicks - Bullard (assuming he takes another step)

LB - Floyd - DT - Edmunds

Now you have 3 DL rushing, Hicks collapsing the pocket, and with Floyd and Edmunds standing you can have one set to blitz in any gap from any position. Using stunts with the DL can further set the rusher up. Or drop all LBs and either the NB or Amos can come firing in. It is a simple adjustment for the defense, but there are a LOT of variables for the OL to consider and process in a brief moment.

I'd hope to get an upgrade over Houston/McPhee but assuming McPhee is cut since he can't play enough to warrant his check and Houston clearly didn't draw interest from others, so he stays cheap.

• Like 1

I trust Fangio to take Edmunds and use him well.

My guess is he would be used all over the formation like Barr and on 3rd down would be lined up as a pass rusher exclusively.

You could use him the exact way you use Floyd if you wanted and I would have no issue.

The thing i like about edmunds as well is that he's only 20 right now, so he's going to get better/bigger/stronger

also, when i was double checking his age, i ended up on his nfl.com page and they had his comp as Urlacher. i know it's a stretch, but lets connect the dots people