2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

3 hours ago, Epyon said:

Yeah Chark is definitely a guy on my radar right now... Part of the reason we absolutely need at least another pick in the first 3 rounds. 

Going to be risky hoping he falls to us in the fourth, and I don't think he's quite worth an early second. 

Also bummed to see that one of the prime trade teams in Washington just taken off as a possibility with their Alex Smith acquisition. Think Buffalo is really the only other potential trade partner that might want to hop up for a qb

AZ looks like a team desperate for a QB. They might be willing to trade up. At 15 we should still be able to get their first this year and next and a third this year. Might have to give up a 4th to go with our first, but I'd be fine with it.

• Like 1

Cardinals, Broncos, Browns, Jets, Bills, Jaguars, Giants.  Throw in the long shot  possibility of Vikings, Chargers,  Ravens, Bengals, Steelers Dolphins deciding to get their next guy.  And who knows, if Luck is looking less likely to come back, maybe the Clots take their #3 pick and surprise everyone and toss Brisset.  

Might be a shorter list of teams that are set at QB for next 3 years and have no chance of taking a passer!

I kind of expect Cousins to take one of the spots ahead of us off the table. Would be overjoyed if the Bears could get a haul of picks from either the Bills or Cardinals and move out of 8. 

19 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Cardinals, Broncos, Browns, Jets, Bills, Jaguars, Giants.  Throw in the long shot  possibility of Vikings, Chargers,  Ravens, Bengals, Steelers Dolphins deciding to get their next guy.  And who knows, if Luck is looking less likely to come back, maybe the Clots take their #3 pick and surprise everyone and toss Brisset.  

Might be a shorter list of teams that are set at QB for next 3 years and have no chance of taking a passer!

I kind of expect Cousins to take one of the spots ahead of us off the table. Would be overjoyed if the Bears could get a haul of picks from either the Bills or Cardinals and move out of 8. 

I'm starting to lean that way a bit as well... could trade with the Bills for 21 and 22, take a RT and WR there and use our 2nd round pick for a pass rusher or corner.

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm starting to lean that way a bit as well... could trade with the Bills for 21 and 22, take a RT and WR there and use our 2nd round pick for a pass rusher or corner.

That would be my dream scenario; any mix of OT and rusher in first 2 rounds with BPA mixed in with that imaginary third pick.  There are lots of WR and CB that I think would be worth a shot in the middle rounds, not aware of too many OT or EDGE guys there.  

What do people think of Chad Thomas? Is 2nd round too high for him?

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

That would be my dream scenario; any mix of OT and rusher in first 2 rounds with BPA mixed in with that imaginary third pick.  There are lots of WR and CB that I think would be worth a shot in the middle rounds, not aware of too many OT or EDGE guys there.  

What do people think of Chad Thomas? Is 2nd round too high for him?

A little high.

Not enough pass rush for me to take him at 39.

6 hours ago, G08 said:

As it stands right now, who are the teams that need a QB/likely would draft one in round 1?

QB needy teams

CLE
NYG (Mannning's replacement)
DEN (Depends on the Cousins race)

NYJ

MIA (Is Tannehill the long-term option Gase wants? Can be cut for $4.6 mil dead cap)

CIN (is Dalton worth keeping? Can be cut for $2.4 mil dead cap)

AZ

LAC (replacement for Rivers)
BUF

NO (replacement for Brees)

NE (replacement for Brady)

There are several, I can't see NE or NO trading up that much for a guy who is going to sit right now. All others IMO are options to go for QBs.

Kinda a weird year for me, I live in Albuquerque so I virtually never have any ties whatsoever to any prospects. I touted Jaleel Scott last September after watching him play in NM, now he's a top 50 prospect. 

Heres another one I've been watching for months, Nathan Sheperd from Fort Hays State. My cousin Bryan Felts played DL for Fort Hays State from 2008-2010, unfortunately passed away Oct 3, 2016. Anyways, absolutely violent hands, very physically gifted, a classic Ryan Pace small school middle rounds prospect. 

9 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Cousins is gonna fill one of the openings ahead of us or one of the teams likely to trade up with us, so he’s limiting options no matter where he goes unless he ends up with a team that is totally off the radar right now. Like, say Brady retires after winning a 6th SB on Sunday. 

THAT would be best case scenario. 

On 1/31/2018 at 11:40 AM, IronMike84 said:

Josh Jackson’s scouting report sounds like a guy Ryan Pace would target.

As long as he can run in the 4.4-4.5 range.  You need to be quick if you're going to be drafted as a top-10 CB.