Packers 2023 UDFA Class.

Packerraymond

19 hours ago, craig said:

Making the roster is hard for a UDFA.  But practice squad is the more routine avenue to get into the league. 

It seems like odds are stacked against UDFA.  But I think their odds are better than I sometimes realize?  Of the 89 guys on the current roster, I think ≤17 will go unemployed.  <20% of the guys on the roster.  

53 roster + 14 practice squad + ≥5 injuries = ≥72 guys.  

I remember when we had a multi-year streak of at least one UDFA a year making the team. We only broke that streak last year. I hope we get back to being good at finding guys after the draft.

Edited by HyponGrey

6 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

I remember when we had a multi-year streak of at least one UDFA a year making the team. We only broke that streak last year. I hope we get back to being good at finding guys after the draft.

Didn't Caleb Jones make the team last year? Or just Ps, I could be wrong.

10 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

The long snapper, Coco, was a UDFA.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

As are the two we currently have on the roster. The streak lives.

Orzech came into the NFL undrafted, but he has bounced around a few teams including playing for the Rams in their SB season. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bcv said:

What’s going on with the UDFA at minicamp?

I’m all for a good long shot, so #44 Pearson FB out of Appalachian State caught my attention when I was looking through the photos. Also, for the record, I’m a big Cox guy. 

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

I’m all for a good long shot, so #44 Pearson FB out of Appalachian State caught my attention when I was looking through the photos. Also, for the record, I’m a big Cox guy. 

I love Cox as well.

I hope he bursts onto the scene 

Edited by Bcv
  • Like 1

With practice squad being so big, that's really the primary route for UDFA.  Making it on opening day is one thing; but moving up from PS is more abundant.  

Gute having 4 7th-rounders in each of last two drafts also works against a UDFA making the opening roster.  

• Like 1