Packers 2023 UDFA Class.

Packerraymond

8 hours ago, persiandud said:

how likely is it Brenton Cox wins a spot on this team over Justin Hollins? he's exciting 

That's a really good question.  Hollins flashed last year.  Pretty good player.  Doubt he beats out Hollins maybe there is room for both.  Cox is probably a PS guy.  Gotta love his tape though.  We need an intimidator.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

That's a really good question.  Hollins flashed last year.  Pretty good player.  Doubt he beats out Hollins maybe there is room for both.  Cox is probably a PS guy.  Gotta love his tape though.  We need an intimidator.

I’m not so sure Hollins is at the bottom of the depth chart at EDGE. 

10 hours ago, persiandud said:

how likely is it Brenton Cox wins a spot on this team over Justin Hollins? he's exciting 

Not sure it's an either-or situation. Gary starts on PUP, so you have: Smith, Enagbare, Van Ness, Hollins and Cox IMO. Garvin is six if we keep six at this point. 

If all five are healthy when Gary returns, I could see us going with six. 

In the event if comes down to one or the other, I like Cox chances of beating out Hollins. Give him a 60/40 edge at winning the final EDGE position. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure it's an either-or situation. Gary starts on PUP, so you have: Smith, Enagbare, Van Ness, Hollins and Cox IMO. Garvin is six if we keep six at this point. 

If all five are healthy when Gary returns, I could see us going with six. 

In the event if comes down to one or the other, I like Cox chances of beating out Hollins. Give him a 60/40 edge at winning the final EDGE position. 

Hollins looked better than Garvin imo. 

24 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Hollins looked better than Garvin imo. 

I don't think that is in question. Garvin has the athletic traits the Packers look for, unfortunately he hasn't figured out how to play football. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think that is in question. Garvin has the athletic traits the Packers look for, unfortunately he hasn't figured out how to play football. 

Well now, isn’t that a problem?  Hollins has done more with less and fewer opportunities. We’ve seen this before. For some guys the light just doesn’t go on. 

Think it might come down to Cox and Garvin. Hoping we move on from Garvin. 

17 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Well now, isn’t that a problem?  Hollins has done more with less and fewer opportunities. We’ve seen this before. For some guys the light just doesn’t go on. 

Think it might come down to Cox and Garvin. Hoping we move on from Garvin. 

Unless Garvin has made huge strides, he's not getting a roster spot. Caveat is if we keep six out of TC and Gary is on PUP. 

Gary would be 10 months removed from his injury on opening day, but the Packers tend to proceed with an abundance of caution. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: Whoever plays the best of the reserve Edge players will win the spots and I don't care which players they are. 

Garvin and Cox are both 23 YO. For a guy that was a young lottery ticket 7th round pick, Garvin has gotten more than his share of **** the past couple of years. 

Cox = Overhyped shiny new toy

Hollins was re-signed for a reason, and it is doubtful that reason was to cut him later.  

• Like 1