Packers 2023 UDFA Class.

Packerraymond

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Watching that Duece Watts reel, I didn't expect to find out that he is a 4.6 40 guy.  It doesn't look like it.  

Those hands!

edit: they probably didn’t show the boink lowlights, but he sure did snag the ball pretty in the highlights.

Edited by Uffdaswede

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Those hands!

edit: they probably didn’t show the boink lowlights, but he sure did snag the ball pretty in the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0UV8m9bMo

Here are some boinks against UCF.  The only other "film" that I can find.  

When I watch Watts and Dontayvion Wicks, I think I am really just watching two not quite as good versions of Romeo Doubs.  Also, if you had told me that Watts was the draft pick and Wicks was the UDFA, I don't think that I could tell the difference.

5 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Those hands!

That was the first thing I noticed. The way he catches the ball is so snug and clean.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

When I watch Watts and Dontayvion Wicks, I think I am really just watching two not quite as good versions of Romeo Doubs.  Also, if you had told me that Watts was the draft pick and Wicks was the UDFA, I don't think that I could tell the difference.

Wicks was playing against stronger competition which is probably why he's the draft pick.

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

Wicks was playing against stronger competition which is probably why he's the draft pick.

I am actually going to disagree.  I think the better teams in the AAC can hang with the ACC schools, with the lone exception being Clemson.  Tulane also beat K-State and USC last season. 

But I wasn't saying that Watts is better than Wicks.  I was saying that I didn't see a whole lot of difference between them.  

There's also another factor. If you look at Wicks 2021 stats he had multiple 100+ yard games. His 2022 stats was terrible, worse than Watts.

Yet, in Watts most productive season (2022) he only ever had one 100+ yard game.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0UV8m9bMo

Here are some boinks against UCF.  The only other "film" that I can find.  

Two things don't come out on film, but only in interviews, a players willingness to play special teams, and their football smarts. One or both of those might be the reason one went undrafted. 

Full list of tryout guys:

Mason Hunt, P

William Hooper, CB

Ellis Merriweather, RB

Jamyest Williams, RB

Javon Scruggs,S

Amir Siddiq, LB

Justin Ademilola, LB

Broughton Hatcher, LS

Jacquez Jones, LB

Issac Moore, OT

Jack Plumb, OT

Matt Carrick, G

LaQuinston Sharp, C

Antonio Moultrie, DL

FvY_u2uWcAQGNyc?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Benjie Franklin might be a little old for this roster...the legs start to go after you hit 300.

He's the ultimate football player. No-one is going to want to go anywhere near a zombie. Lockdown corner.

======================

By the way i'm looking through the list of tryout players. Most of the guys on the list are a whole lot of meh but there's a few that stands out.

Issac Moore is Swedish but played for Temple for 5 years. He has played 57 consecutive games for them at left tackle. That's interesting.

Another OT Jack Plumb is from Green Bay. He played at Iowa mainly at RT.

Edited by Chili

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

He's the ultimate football player. No-one is going to want to go anywhere near a zombie. Lockdown corner.

By the way i'm looking through the list of tryout players. Most of the guys on the list are a whole lot of meh but there's a few that stands out.

Issac Moore is Swedish but played for Temple for 5 years. He has played 57 consecutive games for them at left tackle. That's interesting.

Another OT Jack Plumb is from Green Bay. He played at Iowa mainly at RT.

Isaac Moore is 6' 7" and 300 pounds with a Swedish mother and an American dad.

Jag hoppas att den här unge mannen är en bra spelare

9 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Isaac Moore is 6' 7" and 300 pounds with a Swedish mother and an American dad.

Jag hoppas att den här unge mannen är en bra spelare

Det hoppas jag också

Moore's highlights I could find, he's number 63 at left tackle:

vs Cincinnati

Vs Boston College