Packers 2023 UDFA Class.

Packerraymond

Brenton Cox looks awesome in the highlights I've seen.  If he can keep his head on straight he might be able to win a job in GB.  He looks sudden .. good hands .. spin moves.  Wow .. exciting.  

Watched some low lights too, and he's pretty undisciplined and doesn't move well laterally.  There's reason both on the field and off the field that he went undrafted.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

In college I had a friend who did an excellent imitation of his Nigerian classmates. If you mentioned how nice a beer tasted, he would say in spot on accent "American beer is bery goood, yes, but, Nigerian beer is soopeeriohr to American beer. Faaar soopeeriohr."

So I had the thought that perhaps Nigerian football is faaar soopeeriohr to American football.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Brenton Cox looks awesome in the highlights I've seen.  If he can keep his head on straight he might be able to win a job in GB.  He looks sudden .. good hands .. spin moves.  Wow .. exciting.  

Watched some low lights too, and he's pretty undisciplined and doesn't move well laterally.  There's reason both on the field and off the field that he went undrafted.  

Seems like if there's any spot for a kid like this to succeed, that Green Bay would be ideal.  They're in a rebuild, so have patience.  The coaches tend to be pretty nice and sincere; whether they're very good at actually coaching how to play football I don't know, but at the human level they'll give him an opportunity to develop.  Green Bay might have less temptations for drugs and screwups than bigger NFL markets.  

But if you've got self-control and distractions problems, being a deep developmental prospect has to be super tough anywhere.  Practice squad guy, year(s) away from ever getting in an actual game, that's gotta be tough.  Where comes fulfillment and motivation if you won't make a tackle in a game for year(s)?  Easy to lose focus, to slack in practice, (what difference does it make?), and to look for some excitement/distraction outside.  If hypothetically drugs, alcohol, night clubs were a magnet when you were playing every weekend, how much more tempting once weight-lifting and a couple of half-practices per week is the entirety of your football life?  Easy for your life to drift away when the reward of actual playing-time is so distant.  

5 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

The left tackle has been holding Cox all day. 

Cox exploded up the middle on that play. 

Cox hammered the QB from behind on that one. 

Explosive penetration by Cox

Cox exploded inside

The quarterback got creamed by Cox

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 11:43 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Watching that Duece Watts reel, I didn't expect to find out that he is a 4.6 40 guy.  It doesn't look like it.  

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Watching that Duece Watts reel, I didn't expect to find out that he is a 4.6 40 guy.  It doesn't look like it.  

His upright running style reminds me of Jerry Rice, who also played faster than his 40 times.