2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Nobody will deny the arm talent Penix has. Maybe the best in the draft, but the value just isn’t there for me at 13. You’re forcing it at that point because you need a QB. If he’s the pick then they need to utilize those other picks in the OL. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Nobody will deny the arm talent Penix has. Maybe the best in the draft, but the value just isn’t there for me at 13. You’re forcing it at that point because you need a QB. If he’s the pick then they need to utilize those other picks in the OL. 

I doubt he’ll reach the second round and if the Raiders trade back, somebody’s gonna trade in front of them. If the Raiders really think that he’s there QB of the future then pick him at 13, if not then don’t.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I think if a qb hits, no one will care where they're taken. If we're taking Penix I'd much rather move down if possible and take him there. But if a QB hits they hit. Value goes out the window at the QB position tbf. It's the only position where I think that's true.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Really happy to see Byron Murphy on that list. I don't give a damn if it's overkill, draft him at #13 and stick him between Wilkins and Crosby. Mahomes is going down hard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Really happy to see Byron Murphy on that list. I don't give a damn if it's overkill, draft him at #13 and stick him between Wilkins and Crosby. Mahomes is going down hard.

Is he that good .?

39 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

He's good but I still prefer Johnny Newton. 

A guy I like at 77 or later (pending availability) Ricky Pearsall from Florida.  Admittedly didn't know much about him before the last few days.  Not sure how he translates, but man, he makes a lot of difficult things look really easy.  

On 4/3/2024 at 2:24 AM, ronjon1990 said:

The world I would do it is this one:

We move Tyree to DT alongside Wilkins and hope he continues to progress, resign Koonce before he's expensive, and we trade Maxx and Adams for a fortune to start a rebuild in earnest a'la what Houston did over the last couple of years with Watt, Hopkins, etc. 

Turner and Koonce as building blocks on D wouldn't be a bad way to start a rebuild with a ton of picks and complimentary players acquired via Crosby and Adams trades. 

That's not a bad idea in and of itself, but would it be wiser to do that or to use Adams/Crosby/#13 to move up and get someone like Drake Maye? Legit asking because I'm not sure which option would be smarter for the franchise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

That's not a bad idea in and of itself, but would it be wiser to do that or to use Adams/Crosby/#13 to move up and get someone like Drake Maye? Legit asking because I'm not sure which option would be smarter for the franchise.

Adams and 13 sure but Maxx and 13 to move up for a non proven asset is too rich for me.  

Maxx isn't going anywhere. Not only is he an elite player on the field, but he has that elite work ethic as well which elevates the ability and mentality of those around him. He's un-tradeable imo.

Trading away Khalil Mack was a terrible decision, and we got lucky that we found someone just as good so soon after giving up #52.

For Davante, I agree we should be looking to move on from if the right offer is there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

I wouldn't trade for one person to put them on a team of paupers.

Maxx is worth 2-3 "good" starters. Any trade of him, I want the chance of several building blocks in exchange for the proven commodity. 

The Mack trade gets cited a lot. 

Had we not bungled those picks so badly, who knows where we'd be today. A lot of posters here pounded the table for guys who turned out to be really good to great players. 3 of those is worth more than Maxx alone- if you can actually scout and draft well. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Totty said:

A guy I like at 77 or later (pending availability) Ricky Pearsall from Florida.  Admittedly didn't know much about him before the last few days.  Not sure how he translates, but man, he makes a lot of difficult things look really easy.  

Seems to be getting a lot of hype now, think I’ve seen him go in the 2nd round in a couple of mocks,