2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes. And I find it annoying that AP is so enamored with Daniels or bust it feels, he's likely to pass on 2 better prospects as a result. 

Ongoing concern for me. 

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes. And I find it annoying that AP is so enamored with Daniels or bust it feels, he's likely to pass on 2 better prospects as a result. 

Maye and McCarthy both need a some development time, but they will prove the cream of the 2024 crop. Confident in that. 

The connections are obvious but maybe we are using it to our advantage as an enormous smokescreen. No one really knows. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I see three realistic possibilities in the upcoming draft and what to know which option you feel is the most likely.  These are in no particular order.

1.  We stay at 13 and draft a CB/OT

2.  We mortgage the future and move up to 3 for a QB

3.  A top 4 QB slips to 10ish and we do a slight trade up

What do I hope happens?  #3.  What do I think happens #1.  If Washington doesn't take Daniels at 2 then #2 becomes a distinct possibility based on what I have been reading about AP being enamored with Daniels.  If Daniels goes #2 and Maye is at 3 do you think we would be as aggressive in trading up?  Thoughts?

IMO, I’m hoping for #1 (only cause I’m being pessimistic and don’t see #3 happening). 

What I think is most likely is that we stay at #13 and take Penix. Note: this not what I want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The connections are obvious but maybe we are using it to our advantage as an enormous smokescreen. No one really knows. 

I disagree. AP has been exceedingly obvious in what he’s done this offseason.  I do ultimately believe that the Raiders will either draft Daniels or stay pat and draft CB or T. 

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Thinking of a few prospects I'm not high on at 13:

JC Latham: I'm having flashbacks of Leatherwood. I know Latham is a more heralded prospect then Leatherwood was, but I can't help it. See him as someone who is better off at guard, but his height will be a disadvantage at that position. Better OT prospects should be available at 13 (Fuaga, Fautanu, and Fashanu). 

Nate Wiggins: Sure he's got speed, but he lacks in size (173lbs) and I personally don't think he has the right mindset that AP is looking for to compensate for the size disadvantage. Looking for CBs who are physical and want to stick their head into run support. Again better CB prospects should be available (Arnold, Mitchell, Kool-Aid) who fit what we are looking for.

I heard a podcast today, The Ringer, and they were saying that Latham is universally seen as one of the potentially elite tackles - above Fuaga, Fautanu etc - by the league. And that there is a collective helmet scouting issue with fans - all of which have probably been burnt at some time by a Bama olineman drafted high!

I think he goes to the Chargers after they trade down to 11 with Minn

I feel like we try and trade up for a QB, take a T, take a CB or take a DT.

DT feels like a luxury given how enormous the other holes are, but I wouldn't mind building up a potentially league best DL either.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Wonder if Washington , knowing AP and Daniels mutual interest, grab him at #2 and then pulls an Eli and trades him to us? What that trade deal would look like?

Wash still needs a QB that’s where the issue would be in this situation. Doubt they want to have Penix. Unless Washington takes Maye then Daniel’s dream is dead 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree on both. Latham has slow feet and lack awareness. Looks mid compared to these other OTs

Wiggins is soft. Ton of skill, but not going to help in the run game. Doesn't have that dawg in him so to speak. 

He had those fumble chasedowns. He is the best mover in the whole class. You never see a DB of his size move the way he does. It's elite, no hyperbole. I think if he is coached up he'll be a top 5 CB in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I disagree. AP has been exceedingly obvious in what he’s done this offseason.  I do ultimately believe that the Raiders will either draft Daniels or stay pat and draft CB or T. 

I did not see Wilkins coming in, and I thought forsure he was keeping Jacobs. 
What has been exceedingly obvious? 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I haven't heard much hype about this RB class at all. It seemingly seems like maybe the worst in some time.

Who are some targets in the mid rounds?

I really like Wright and Benson. The Kentucky kid has some flash as well. Corum as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I haven't heard much hype about this RB class at all. It seemingly seems like maybe the worst in some time.

Who are some targets in the mid rounds?

The Tennessee and Louisville rb’s are FAST. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Wash still needs a QB that’s where the issue would be in this situation. Doubt they want to have Penix. Unless Washington takes Maye then Daniel’s dream is dead 

Wash 100% is taking a QB, but I'm not sold on it being Daniels. I personally think Maye is the better prospect.

NE, I think would be better off capitalizing on such a trade, and maybe pull an Eli trade instead of Wash. Is Eli the last time we saw a trade like that? I can't remember. Either way I hope we don't do something dumb like that. 

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

I heard a podcast today, The Ringer, and they were saying that Latham is universally seen as one of the potentially elite tackles - above Fuaga, Fautanu etc - by the league. And that there is a collective helmet scouting issue with fans - all of which have probably been burnt at some time by a Bama olineman drafted high!

I think he goes to the Chargers after they trade down to 11 with Minn

I think this nails the point on why my gut is saying "no" to Latham. The track record on Bama OT is not the greatest.