2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

He should have PLENTY of top end speed.

According to this he's the only player in college football to hit 21+MPH three times this season.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/college-footballs-fastest-players-2023/

I just watched him get chased down from behind by a 260 lb with 30 yards space to accelerate so, I’m less than sold.

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Trey Benson? What game?

No Allen vs Purdue, but Benson is as good of a prospect all things considered as any to be a RB1. He’s not going round 1 but he could be the first off the board if teams are shy on Brooks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

No Allen vs Purdue, but Benson is as good of a prospect all things considered as any to be a RB1. He’s not going round 1 but he could be the first off the board if teams are shy on Brooks.

Easy to misread my post and think it was about Allen since so much of the talk was about him. I editing my post to make it clearer. 

14 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Easy to misread my post and think it was about Allen since so much of the talk was about him. I editing my post to make it clearer. 

I started my post originally with: “Sorry I’m not paying attention at all, I may be a moron no one’s told me yet” but a few here have told me I should check myself for stupidity so I’m actively exploring that possibility.

Way to be cool though and make me feel better about that one. May karma bless you with a Packers W. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

And hopefully some free agency.

S, RB and possibly ILB are positions that are undervalued and could potentially help us at ST at the very least. There will be some kind of competition at K, as well. 

26 minutes ago, Refugee said:

S, RB and possibly ILB are positions that are undervalued and could potentially help us at ST at the very least. There will be some kind of competition at K, as well. 

And unfortunately, both RB and ILB are pretty bad positions in the draft.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And unfortunately, both RB and ILB are pretty bad positions in the draft.

I don’t think we need a lot, but yes a quality pick up at both positions would be ideal and keeping investment low even better. We almost have too many picks. This season we needed that with the cap and rebuild.  I don’t know if we can fit so many late rounders in n the squad this year. Anyone on the PS better be making themselves very valuable. 

• Like 1

Glad to now focus on the draft and run the simulators as a post-playoff loss coping mechanism. ;)

Assuming they're still on the board, what prospects you like at #25 (if they stay at #25)?  S Kinchens? CB Wiggins? OG/C Barton? OT Mims?? WR Franklin? Or????

Edited by DWhitehurst

8 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I just watched him get chased down from behind by a 260 lb with 30 yards space to accelerate so, I’m less than sold.

Which year and what game? What injury was he playing through? That ******* kid was a god damn warrior. Know your subject.

Signed Players:

Kareem Hunt - RB ($2,400,000)

Javon Kinlaw - DL ($7,700,000)

Grant Delpit - S ($6,600,000)

Losses:

David Bakhtiari - OT

De'Vondre Campbell - LB

Keisean Nixon - CB

Darnell Savage Jr. - S

Yosuah Nijman - OT

Royce Newman - G

Draft:

25: R1 P25 LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
41: R2 P9 S Tyler Nubin - Minnesota
57: R2 P25 RB Jonathan Brooks - Texas
88: R3 P24 CB Max Melton - Rutgers
92: R3 P28 C Christian Mahogany - Boston College
125: R4 P25 S Tykee Smith - Georgia
169: R5 P33 OT Brandon Coleman - TCU
200: R6 P25 G Ladarius Henderson - Michigan
216: R6 P41 DL Justin Rogers - Auburn
218: R6 P43 S Evan Williams - Oregon
244: R7 P25 OT Jonah Monheim - USC
Edited by fattlipp

46 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Glad to now focus on the draft and run the simulators as a post-playoff loss coping mechanism. ;)

Assuming they're still on the board, what prospects you like at #25 (if they stay at #25)?  S Kinchens? CB Wiggins? OG/C Barton? OT Mims?? WR Franklin? Or????

Using PFF Quick

S Nubin

T Fautana

S Kinchens

T Morgan

LB Cooper - My new draft crush can play any LB position....

LB Trotter

Edited by fattlipp