2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, Striker said:

I'd also go for a trade like similar to the one vs. NO in 2018. Get a high second and third plus a future first. While it's entirely possible WAS turns it around, you're probably still looking at a pick within the top half of the draft, if not top 10.

Looking at the roster, I think top 5 again next year is not out of the question. They are likely going to go quarterback in round 1 and that means Drake Maye. I would love your trade scenario with them. 

17 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

Would anyone trade pick 25 for Picks 36 and 40??

Doing this would allow Washington another 1st rounder which they could use to move up to #1 for Williams.

I would make that trade but only if Kevin King announced the pick at the draft. 🤣

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Striker said:

I'd also go for a trade like similar to the one vs. NO in 2018. Get a high second and third plus a future first. While it's entirely possible WAS turns it around, you're probably still looking at a pick within the top half of the draft, if not top 10.

Zero chance Washington's new GM gives next year's 1st to trade up to #25. I don't even know if they would trade next year's 1st for our 1st this year straight up. They're definitely not giving a high 2nd, 3rd, and future first for #25.

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You needed us to lose to Chicago for that dream. It's over.

DeJean got hurt.

And lots of people probably don’t think his game translates to the next level.

The Patriots, Bills and Packers are the teams that will be most interested in DeJean.

DeJean could absolutely fall to 25.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

DeJean got hurt.

And lots of people probably don’t think his game translates to the next level.

The Patriots, Bills and Packers are the teams that will be most interested in DeJean.

DeJean could absolutely fall to 25.

Check out Cole Bishop as a Cooper Dejean consolation prize

Quinyon Mitchell - CB - Toledo getting mentioned as possibility for Packers. Hard to know what to make of his tape against MAC competition. I might still be a bit traumatized by memories of Quentin Rollins. Senior Bowl is important for guys like Mitchell,

Fanspeak:

25: R1 P25 OT Troy Fautanu - Washington
41: R2 P9 S Javon Bullard - Georgia
57: R2 P25 LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
88: R3 P24 RB Blake Corum - Michigan
91: R3 P27 G Zak Zinter - Michigan
125: R4 P25 S Cole Bishop - Utah
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 12:09 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Really early favorite of mine is the kid out of Minnesota, Tyler Nubin.

Prototypical size. His 40 will be interesting to watch. 

I hate that we need multiple safeties. Nothing worse than scouting safeties. If you don't have A22, don't bother. If you do, here's a typical evaluation.

60% no bearing on the play whatsoever
20-25% I think he executed the scheme as called, but not sure
10% I think he ****ed up, but not sure
5-10% Oooh, cool splash play 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I do not get all the Corum love I see sometimes. I just see a guy who probably ends up pretty mid at the next level. Hope we don't take him.

Something about those 27 rushing TD's. People are aware he has some physical limitations. Otherwise he'd be a projected 1st round pick. Aaron Jones wasn't exactly the biggest, fastest RB in the 2017 draft.