2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

How have people adjusted/prioritized their prospect reviews on DL with Hafley in the fold?      I'm assuming a Bralen Trice may drop, Darius Robinson may be elevated.  Who else drops or rises to prioritize video watch time?

As I carve out time here and there to do my deep dive scouting......er....Youtube highlight videos.......I'm throwing this out there for suggestions on what front 7 players I should spend more time looking at and which maybe a cursory review would suffice or not bother with at all

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Kollman's comment that multiple teams running Shanny style offenses were showing interest in Guerendo was intriguing.

The old Badger……. Hmm,  never looked explosive in Madison…..prob 7th or UDFA

If we go to 4-3 do we really need another DT?,  We have Clark, Wyatt, Slaton, Brooks, Wooden, we probably on roster 4-5, Slaton goes from a starter to a 3rd DT,  we are basically trading a 3-4 DT/DE body for Coverage LB, or 2.  We only have 2 LBs on the squad if we cut Campbell, we need to add 2 if Wilson is just a ST guy…..As much as I love the idea to add Sweat or Jenkins, are we just developing a KC replacement for down the road, guess it could allow us to not resign Slaton…

If we draft Sweat, can Wyatt play some 4-3 DE, or is he just our rush DT…

Ends: Gary, LVN, Smith, Wooten, Brooks

Tackles: Clark, Sweat, Wyatt, Slaton, Brooks

guess we can keep 9… Cox and Engalbare probably cut/trade, don’t fit 4-3 End profile very well…

27 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

If we go to 4-3 do we really need another DT?,  We have Clark, Wyatt, Slaton, Brooks, Wooden, we probably on roster 4-5, Slaton goes from a starter to a 3rd DT,  we are basically trading a 3-4 DT/DE body for Coverage LB, or 2.  We only have 2 LBs on the squad if we cut Campbell, we need to add 2 if Wilson is just a ST guy…..As much as I love the idea to add Sweat or Jenkins, are we just developing a KC replacement for down the road, guess it could allow us to not resign Slaton…

I still think you want a nose in a 43 front.  That is still Slaton.  Kenny can play the nose too, but I think you get the best out of him when he is allowed to do other things as well.  If we add to the DL, I would look for another big man.  The only true nose body that we have is Slaton.  Brooks, Wooden, and Wyatt can all play the under tackle or DE, depending on the group they want.  We have also been sitting on Big John Ford for a couple of seasons, so he would be in that mix as well.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's not just about another DL, it's about adding an impact DL, not just another body. Sweat, Newton, Jenkins, Murphy and Taylor have the potential to be impact IDL. 

Yeah, it puts Wyatt and Slaton on the bench….guess I’d rather add a LB along with CB and S

1 minute ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah, it puts Wyatt and Slaton on the bench….guess I’d rather add a LB along with CB and S

It's much, much harder to find impact DL than it is those positions and you cannot ever have too many bodies on the DL. 

47 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's much, much harder to find impact DL than it is those positions and you cannot ever have too many bodies on the DL. 

switching to somewhat of a more 4-3 front, I am all for adding another high talent impact DL to not only improve situational matchups, but to also improve the overall rotation of DL pressure players keeping them all fresh to constantly pummel opposing Olines into submission
adding another fast, smart, consistently hard tackling LB to cover the middle along with Quay will also be necessary
& another Nick Collins, & another Woodson ....
what can I say, I dream of having every team in the league scared of how bad GB's defense is going to hurt them

3 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

How have people adjusted/prioritized their prospect reviews on DL with Hafley in the fold?      I'm assuming a Bralen Trice may drop, Darius Robinson may be elevated.  Who else drops or rises to prioritize video watch time?

As I carve out time here and there to do my deep dive scouting......er....Youtube highlight videos.......I'm throwing this out there for suggestions on what front 7 players I should spend more time looking at and which maybe a cursory review would suffice or not bother with at all

I wouldn't really change who you look at at all honestly. Looking for athletes who can play. Maybe extra emphasis on man skills on the perimeter 

Would anyone be upset if we just decide to take the top player on our board no matter the position or pre-draft ranking, sorta like what Detroit did in last years draft?

Would we grab our top rated safety at 25 even if he was ranked somewhere closer to 35-45 on most draft boards or grab our top rated RB at 59 even if most think he would maybe be available at 88/91?

With the loss of Enagbare, initially it seemed like a lot of us wanted edge more than DTs early in the draft.

Hafley and a four man front shifts roster emphasis from edge to DT pretty clearly.

On the other hand Gute stood up and told us we were good up front and sketchy in the defensive backfield. 

On the other other hand impactful defensive bigs gotta be grabbed before they’re gone.