2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you are confusing the current Arby's commercial where they say "We've got the meats!"

Well, I am old and do get confused. 

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

We’re at the point where I’m family-work-draft with nothing else mattering.

Max Melton a lil underrated.

Not by me.   I'd grab him for sure at 58.    Not against 41 depending on a couple other CB's that might be available.    He and Tampa are two of my favorites

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I run the PFF simulator.  I can click on guys and see where they played (position) and how they scored.  

So I'm not watching film, or anything like that, but I am looking at PFF scores which go so far as to score OL in "zone" schemes and things like that.

It's been odd to me that Beebe hasn't shot up on PFF yet.  He's like a 4'th rounder or later.

Visit other sites. PFF will brainwash you. It's useful to look guys up for snaps and positions played, but to quote JJ Watt- "PFF sucks"

15 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Not by me.   I'd grab him for sure at 58.    Not against 41 depending on a couple other CB's that might be available.    He and Tampa are two of my favorites

I had Melton as 3rd. I’m pretty sure he’s a better prospect than Stokes was after watching. WR level ball skills and no glaring weakness.

Tampa I have as a bust. Slippery WR are going to be open and speed WR are going past him and when he gives space they’ll sit down at the sticks because he’s got a tall guy backpedal.

20 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Like all of them. I'd add DL Murphy to them. Failing any of them making it to 25, then Barton.

I just don't trust Mims. Hasn't played a full year yet (according to snap counts). I do like Murphy more than Newton.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

PFF is so much better than all of these sites. 

If you are going to goof around with mock draft simulators it's probably best to goof around with a bunch of them. They all have their flaws but if you goof around with all of them you get a better idea of things. Sticking to one gets you too stuck on that mocks specific flaws and rankings especially in the later rounds. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Like all of them. I'd add DL Murphy to them. Failing any of them making it to 25, then Barton.

I'm leaning Oline & Dline and CB early in the draft, while using FA to fill all the pressing stuff.