2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

PFF is so much better than all of these sites. 

LOL!  

....exception for stats when we were both seeing different things....

I do like their mock draft sim.  Last year it was pretty darned accurate.  It was scary accurate to where when GB was picking, I knew a lot of the guys available at that slot, just due to me running their mocks so much.

And I'll tell on myself....I thought for sure we were drafting Washington at TE...and I was not for that player at that pick.  Then poof, here some Musgrave!  I cheered and my wife thought I had lost my mind.  (And she was probably right)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I had Melton as 3rd. I’m pretty sure he’s a better prospect than Stokes was after watching. WR level ball skills and no glaring weakness.

Tampa I have as a bust. Slippery WR are going to be open and speed WR are going past him and when he gives space they’ll sit down at the sticks because he’s got a tall guy backpedal.

Yeah I know I'm higher on both of them than most.    Melton is a safe bet for the third but think some teams will look back at that with regrets.    I'll come to earth a little and say #41 is too high but I'd be completely fine at #58.    Going to be a good nickel but can play on the boundary as well.

I said in an earlier post - pre-Combine - that I haven't seen a prospect with such a variance in scouting reports than Tampa.   Some say he's best in zone and will struggle in press and some say the exact opposite.  Some say he's great at  mirroring with great flexibility and some say he'll struggle to flip his hips.     I view him more as a boundary corner and love his physicality and agree with the positive reports about his ability to transition.     People are going to regret letting him fall like Carlton Davis, who went 68 and had the same perceived negatives

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

PFF is so much better than all of these sites. 

Ourlads is the best of them all ... for draft info.

Edited by coachbuns
  • Like 2

Just now, vegas492 said:

If he's smart, he'd be wheelin' and dealin'.  

With our roster already being young, the last thing we need is 11 (or so) draft picks.

Yea but we are likely losing 7-10 guys off last year's roster and will be replacing them with draft picks for the most part. I expect the Packers to make at least 10 picks.

25 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

https://x.com/SleeperNFL/status/1766205366335832460?s=20

a 5th 6th and 7th round comp picks for GB. Gute may have the most draft capital he’s had since he became the packers GM

I don’t know why, but when I first looked at that somewhere else I looked at it wrong and thought we got a third round pick. I was so confused.

I don’t even remember any of our guys signing elsewhere from last offseason worth even a 5th round pick.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

I don’t know why, but when I first looked at that somewhere else I looked at it wrong and thought we got a third round pick. I was so confused.

I don’t even remember any of our guys signing elsewhere from last offseason worth even a 5th round pick.

Might have been Lazard, his contract was dumb

Just now, MacReady said:

Pretty sure we would have gotten a 4th for Lazard, but when the Jets started benching him late in the season, that dropped it to a 5th. Same thing happened with Lowry. 

We very easily could have gotten a 4th and two 6ths. 

• Like 1

Packers just had two massive production campaigns from rookie receivers along with 1,000 yards and 13 touchdowns total from two promising second year receivers and flashes of potential from two undrafted receivers along with two of the most promising tight ends in an all-time great TE class and morons are STILL mocking first round receivers to the Packers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If he's smart, he'd be wheelin' and dealin'.  

With our roster already being young, the last thing we need is 11 (or so) draft picks.

I thought I read the Packers are about to lose potentially 17-18 or so players this offseason? If that's the case GB will absolutely need many draft picks and some free agents just to fill the roster. 

23 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty sure we would have gotten a 4th for Lazard, but when the Jets started benching him late in the season, that dropped it to a 5th. Same thing happened with Lowry. 

We very easily could have gotten a 4th and two 6ths. 

PT really isn't the factor that you think it is.  Allen Lazards' AAV of $11M fell into the 5th round spot.  The last 4th round compensatory pick handed out was to Baltimore presumably for Ben Powers whose AAV was $12.88M.  The only 4th round pick handed out ahead of Green Bay was to New Orleans presumably for Ben Onyemata and his AAV of $11.67M.  Stands to reason that the cutoff was somewhere in that ~$12M mark.

Question; if we let Campbell go, who's picking up the radio dot for the D this year? Do we trust Walker with it? Do we look for some kinda bargain in FA- ideally under 10 mil- for a short-term solution? Am I overrating the function of the radio?