2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Jones wasn't a stud RB coming out.  Almost need to look at limited use RB with traits that you want.

I don't remember if it was for the 23 or 22 draft, but one of the "experts" said it isn't about the skill of the back, it is about the fit in the running scheme.  I really agree with it.  Outside of unicorns like Saquon, it is more about what you want to do with your running game, than finding a do it all player.  

15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Would love to know some bad tape on the guy, cause I haven't seen any.

I don't know that I would call it "bad", but his Oregon tape is pretty underwhelming.  He looked better vs. UCLA, though.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not saying it's worth anything, but Packers twitter likes that Michigan RB for GB.

As do I. Perfect compliment to Jonesey in the likelihood that we let Dillon walk. 

20 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That sounds like something Packers twitter would say.

I'll say this though, Corum's vision and contact balance are going to translate fine.  I suppose I'm just afraid of his size.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I'll say this though, Corum's vision and contact balance are going to translate fine.  I suppose I'm just afraid of his size.

It's really only height though, he still weighs like 215.

Low center of balance, arguably the best vision in the draft. As a part time player he's going to be efficient. 

Right now my dream scenario is pairing him with the OTHER guy from Michigan (the explosive guy, forget his name right now) and get them in rds 3 and 5.

5 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's really only height though, he still weighs like 215.

Low center of balance, arguably the best vision in the draft. As a part time player he's going to be efficient. 

Right now my dream scenario is pairing him with the OTHER guy from Michigan (the explosive guy, forget his name right now) and get them in rds 3 and 5.

I'd have no issue with Corum in RD3.  Pair Corum with Jones on a re-worked deal, and I'd be plenty happy with the RB room.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

If there's a stud RB in the draft this year, this is a year you could convince me to overspend on a RB while you also shore up the OL.

Adding a stud rookie RB to this passing attack in year two? Perfect timing with contracts. 

So, any stud RBs to watch?

From what draft analysts have been saying, this is looking like a weak RB class. None of the prospects coming out are even close to the caliber of Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs. Trey Benson (FSU), TreyVeon Henderson (OSU), and Blake Corum (Michigan), and Braelon Allen (Wisconsin) are some of the top names in this class and all of them will likely go on Day 2/3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haha21 said:

From what draft analysts have been saying, this is looking like a weak RB class. None of the prospects coming out are even close to the caliber of Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs. Trey Benson (FSU), TreyVeon Henderson (OSU), and Blake Corum (Michigan), and Braelon Allen (Wisconsin) are some of the top names in this class and all of them will likely go on Day 2/3.

I would think you could expect one of those 4 names to end up in GB

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

I feel like Latu will be medical red flag with our staff. Medically retired with a neck injury while at UW before returning to football at UCLA. Given our history I don't think we will touch him. 

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

I feel like a broken record explaining this to people, but what WR on this roster are we replacing? Doubs, Wicks, Watson, Reed are all roster locks just based on economics alone. Melton has made a very good case for himself the last few weeks. That leaves WR6, and this team is probably not keeping more than 6 going into 2024. Are we really going to use a Top 100 pick to move Malik Heath off the roster?