Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Nothing stupid about you Lodestar. Perhaps a momentary lapse in remembering Aaron's insatiable need for attention and for everything to be all about him.

Rodgers has generational QB talent, but all of the rehab in the World can't fix the Jets' turf issues or pathetic pass blocking, nor Rodgers fear of throwing in the middle of the field, or his narcissism. 

Aaron should remember what Joni Mitchell wrote and sang so beautifully:

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise, put up a parking lot..."

15 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I hate that we pound the Bears, on their home field, and the most active thread is one concerning our traded and now injured QB....and now the surface that the game is played on.

We need more cowbell.  More WE TROUNCED DAH BEARS COWBELL.

Exactly!

2 hours ago, BAM said:

Nothing stupid about you Lodestar. Perhaps a momentary lapse in remembering Aaron's insatiable need for attention and for everything to be all about him.

Rodgers has generational QB talent, but all of the rehab in the World can't fix the Jets' turf issues or pathetic pass blocking, nor Rodgers fear of throwing in the middle of the field, or his narcissism. 

Aaron should remember what Joni Mitchell wrote and sang so beautifully:

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise, put up a parking lot..."

Or Carly Simon, "your so vain!" 

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

This is a man raging against Father Time. I respect it, but I know the odds. Hopefully Jets are comfortably out of the playoffs for our pick’s sake and so he doesn’t actually try that nonsense. Next year, he will try to play and I’ll be hoping he has a great comeback. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to root for him to succeed especially after everything he's done for the franchise (both good and bad).  But the odds are certainly stacked against him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to root for him to succeed especially after everything he's done for the franchise (both good and bad).  But the odds are certainly stacked against him.

Absolutely.  Although I don't think he'll look like Frankenstein Payton Manning with the neck injury, he will not be his former self.  Payton still won a SB with a stacked team and the Jets are in a window to go the distance, but they are also a cursed franchise.  I'll like him as the gray beard Han Solo, "Never tell me the odds!" Rodgers. Good luck to everyone, but gooder luck to the Green Bay Packers.

*Also, it should not be overlooked that Coach LeFleur sacrificed his own achilles in his first year with Rodgers to appease the injury manitous.  I didn't see Saleh or Hackett making that kind of commitment.

Edited by Refugee

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't know they had a "bridge" type of surgery for the achilles.   They have something similar for ACL's that is supposed to dramatically reduce recovery time.  I'm yet to hear of an NFL player that has opted for that kind of repair.  It will be interesting to see Rodgers' recovery. 

Just to add to this, I think Cam Akers had this procedure last year, perhaps by the same doctor. 

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/a-deep-dive-into-cam-akers-miraculous-recovery-from-achilles-tendon-surgery-fantasy-football/

Edited by {Family Ghost}

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I didn't know they had a "bridge" type of surgery for the achilles.   They have something similar for ACL's that is supposed to dramatically reduce recovery time.  I'm yet to hear of an NFL player that has opted for that kind of repair.  It will be interesting to see Rodgers' recovery. 

The ACL " bridge" .... aka bear technique 

https://miachortho.com/patients-and-families/bear-implant/

needs to have a stump of the torn ACL  to approximate together.  My understanding is how the ACL tears ( location and length of stump, etc) is a factor.

• Like 1

Hard not to chuckle at Rodgers' logic that he's going to aim to be back for the playoffs. Presumably that means Wilson has performed well enough to get the Jets there but at that point he should step aside and let the guy who has played 4 snaps in the past year take over.

The funnest timeline is the one where Zach Wilson takes the leap, cements himself as the Jets franchise QB, and Rodgers comes back at full health expecting to play.

• Like 1