2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

why you can't blindly trust what the beat says about OLine play.

Josh needs consistency.. call it his TJ Lang turning point year. But he's not a bum. Myers sits on this until he sees the Kenny switch and then just gets no help from Royce.

Agree. Zach Jacobson doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, but the annual need to have a player or two to b*tch about seems to have squarely landed on Myers this year. Won't be long before Myers is responsible for all things wrong in the world.

Heard that bastard hates children and pups, what were the Packers thinking when they drafted him.     

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Agree. Zach Jacobson doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, but the annual need to have a player or two to b*tch about seems to have squarely landed on Myers this year. Won't be long before Myers is responsible for all things wrong in the world.

Heard that bastard hates children and pups, what were the Packers thinking when they drafted him.     

He's had a bunch of botched snaps .. definitely isn't playing elite football out there.  We actually need that guy to be really good, and he's not that. 

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's had a bunch of botched snaps .. definitely isn't playing elite football out there.  We actually need that guy to be really good, and he's not that. 

Center in the 2nd round should be a damn good center. Like Creed Humphrey good. I guess we liked our last Ohio guy so went with that. He’s not bad, and when he gets that big frame moving in the open field he is a beast, but we need to presnap and point of attack to be better. No excuses in year 3, you either take the job or someone else will be looking over your shoulder. I hope he finds his gear. 

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

Center in the 2nd round should be a damn good center. Like Creed Humphrey good. I guess we liked our last Ohio guy so went with that. He’s not bad, and when he gets that big frame moving in the open field he is a beast, but we need to presnap and point of attack to be better. No excuses in year 3, you either take the job or someone else will be looking over your shoulder. I hope he finds his gear. 

Yup, as it stands, passing on Humphrey for Meyers was a Gute mistake.   This is a make or break year for the Ohio state guy.

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Has Meyers over Humphrey overtaken King over Watt and Sternberger over McClaurin on the draft outrage scale? Seems like it's getting to be too close to call. 

I think it may be the most puzzling of the three simply because you're talking about the same position and on paper, Humphrey was the better prospect in pretty much every way, including being a great athlete, and size difference with Myers was negligible. Three years in, I've yet to hear a real legitimate explanation why Myers over Humphrey. It was just a weird move more than anything. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think the only thing keeping Tom from being the #1 Center right now is that with Bakhtiari taking so much time off, Tom is often needed at RT. But the bad snaps can't continue.

Bakhtiari is starting to make me nervous again.  He was expected to play last night and then didn't.  He hasn't practiced since Tuesday, and is supposed to be on an every other day type of thing.  Be interesting to see if he can get back on schedule this week. 

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Bakhtiari is starting to make me nervous again.  He was expected to play last night and then didn't.  He hasn't practiced since Tuesday, and is supposed to be on an every other day type of thing.  Be interesting to see if he can get back on schedule this week. 

It's sad to say, but if he doesn't get this figured out soon, it might be time to retire.