2018 College Football Playoff

WeaponX

10 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I hope to see, and really believe, that Clemson will crush Bama.

Looking forward to Georgia/Oklahoma but im gonna go with Georgia just slightly. That run game against OK's D will be the difference imo.

My money is on Bammer beating Clemson and Oklahoma beating Georgia. I'm rooting for Oklahoma to win it all.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My money is on Bammer beating Clemson and Oklahoma beating Georgia. I'm rooting for Oklahoma to win it all.

I'm guessing Clemson/Oklahoma CG, Oklahoma coming out on top.  Would be nice too, 4 CFP, 4 different conference winning it all.

This will also be the first set of New Year's Six games to feature the entire set of top 12 teams from the final CFP poll. Only once in the BCS era did a complete set of Top 8 or 10 teams fill in all slots in all the BCS games (2009).

Which brings me to this - what if three years from now, we have the Rose and Sugar as semis again and 2 G5 champions finish in the top 12 of the rankings?

No gripes from anyone that got left out. Just a very fortunate Bama this year in that they were the default choice. I do agree with @candyman93. If you are ok with Bama this year but not OSU, you are being a hypocrite. If you are consistent, all good. 

I have Clemson over Oklahoma in the title. 

I do wonder why the committee has their four supposed criteria for selection though. They clearly pick and choose very selectively and have their picks justified by their own logic. They should just say that they choose the four teams that they unimpirically believe to be the best. 

Where’s december madness. 64 teams. No more complaints about getting in or not. 

But seriously, college football will forever and always have people complaining. Completely straight forward this year and last year and people still complain.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I think itll be whoever wins between Georgia and Oklahoma for sure. I want Georgia to win but Oklahoma is the probable one to win it imo. They have the best offensive player of the playoff teams, who happens to be the QB. And Mayfield is miles ahead in throwing ability and experience when comparing to Hurts, Bryant, and Fromm.

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

1) Clemson vs. 8) UCF

2) Oklahoma vs. 7) USC

3) Georgia vs. 6) Wisconsin

4) Alabama vs. 5) Ohio State

I like that but I think the conference winners should get the auto bids.  So conf champs get first 5 seeds. so tOSU is 4th and USC is 5th. 

If you got 8 seeds, make the first game home games for the higher seeds. Would love to see USC in columbus in December and would like to see Wisky @ Oklahoma. Would bring more to the games. 

Archived