2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

Can we give Fuller a 1st round tender?  

Alshon wasnt a mistake by us. He was gone. 

No, Fuller is an unrestricted free agent, so we can't tender him.

Alshon should have been franchised and traded at worst. Fuller IMO will get franchised. Pace has to get offensive talent and having to get 2 starting CBs in one offseason is a hell of a task.

39 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Alshon had way more reason to leave imo

Agreed. Fuller proved he deserved money, Jeffery knew his value would be decimated with Loggains and Fox. He was right, having that long with Glennon proved he would have been screwed and we had no idea about Trubisky being drafted.

He went to the best situation for himself, I don't blame him a bit. Pace didn't exercise the franchise tag that was available, so he took a risk and we lost on it IMO. I doubt that happens two times in a row.

Jeffery finished the season 57/789/9. Is that worth 4/52? He's played in the league for 6 seasons, finished 2 of them over 1,000 yards, and didn't crack 850 in any of the other 4 seasons. He clearly didn't want to be back, and Pace didn't feel comfortable paying him that money when he clearly wasn't motivated. Obviously our WR situation this year plays a big part in us looking back and saying we should have done something about AJ, but I'm ok with Pace's decision, as long as he is proactive about it this offseason.

Honestly I hope Larry Fitzgerald is released. They are in a bad way in cap and he is 34. Still though he was fantastic.

I'd give him a big deal so he could finish his career with us and climb above Moss and Owens in the rankings. He would likely only have great production for 1-2 years but has the skill and leadership we need at WR to pair with a few young talents.

Would allow us to have a model for young developmental guys with big bodies like Ateman, St. Brown, Tate, so we don't have to draft a first round WR.

I still would love to trade back to the middle of the first, get Kirk or Ridley and get St. Brown in the 3rd (part of the trade back) or Callway in the 4th (too talented and cheap to pass up).

With Fitz and different goals around him

Skill/Route running

X - Fitz - Callaway (4th)

Y- Meredith - Wright

Z - Ridley (1st)- Inman/White

Speed

X - Fitz -  Coutee (4th/5th)

Y - Meredith - Wright

Z - Kirk (1st) - Inman/White

Size

X- Fitz - St. Brown or Tate (3rd/4th)

Y- Meredith - Wright

Z- Ateman - Inman/White

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly I hope Larry Fitzgerald is released. They are in a bad way in cap and he is 34. Still though he was fantastic.

I'd give him a big deal so he could finish his career with us and climb above Moss and Owens in the rankings. He would likely only have great production for 1-2 years but has the skill and leadership we need at WR to pair with a few young talents.

Would allow us to have a model for young developmental guys with big bodies like Ateman, St. Brown, Tate, so we don't have to draft a first round WR.

I still would love to trade back to the middle of the first, get Kirk or Ridley and get St. Brown in the 3rd (part of the trade back) or Callway in the 4th (too talented and cheap to pass up).

With Fitz and different goals around him

Skill/Route running

X - Fitz - Callaway (4th)

Y- Meredith - Wright

Z - Ridley (1st)- Inman/White

Speed

X - Fitz -  Coutee (4th/5th)

Y - Meredith - Wright

Z - Kirk (1st) - Inman/White

Size

X- Fitz - St. Brown or Tate (3rd/4th)

Y- Meredith - Wright

Z- Ateman - Inman/White

The Cardinals just extended him so I can not in any way see them cutting him, he's going to retire there.

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

The Cardinals just extended him so I can not in any way see them cutting him, he's going to retire there.

I expect him to stay, but a new HC might want to open some cash for young talent.

It is a 1 out of 20 chance, but still. I'd also try throwing a conditional 2019 draft pick to the Browns for Gordon.

I think we should start organizing this by potential coaching hires as in this market with how much money everyone has those connections could matter in recruiting.

DeFillipo

TE Trey Burton

WR Jordan Matthews

WR Terrelle Pryor

WR Taylor Gabriel, although he sounds destined for Shanny in SF.

McDaniels

WR Danny Amendola

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think we should start organizing this by potential coaching hires as in this market with how much money everyone has those connections could matter in recruiting.

DeFillipo

TE Trey Burton

WR Jordan Matthews

WR Terrelle Pryor

WR Taylor Gabriel, although he sounds destined for Shanny in SF.

McDaniels

WR Danny Amendola

You think Gabriel goes rob SF even though Goodwin went there last year. 

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

I think Landry resigns with Miami. 

I think he’s only back in Miami if he’s tagged. I think he’s gonna get stupid big money on the FA market and be the biggest FA bust of this offseason. Dude had 112 catches this year and didn’t break 1000 yards receiving. 8.8 ypc is a running back number, and 10.1 ypc over 400 catches for his career is pure slot receiver, and frankly even low for a guy like that (Wes Walker for example 11.0 ypc for his career). Someone’s gonna give him like 6/80 with like half guaranteed, and that’s insane IMO. 

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think he’s only back in Miami if he’s tagged. I think he’s gonna get stupid big money on the FA market and be the biggest FA bust of this offseason. Dude had 112 catches this year and didn’t break 1000 yards receiving. 8.8 ypc is a running back number, and 10.1 ypc over 400 catches for his career is pure slot receiver, and frankly even low for a guy like that (Wes Walker for example 11.0 ypc for his career). Someone’s gonna give him like 6/80 with like half guaranteed, and that’s insane IMO. 

Yeah I really hope it's not us...we need speed on the outside to open up the running game and Shaheen underneath.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don't want him here. That dude is legit crazy.

Trent Murphy would be a fantastic under the radar signing with a lot of upside. Very similar to Akiem Hicks. 

He had a 49TT 9.5 sack sophomore season. He was on pace for a 12+ sack 3rd year. The Injury AND suspension are definitely concerning, but if he can regain his form, that's an extremely high upside FA signing. 

26 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Trent Murphy would be a fantastic under the radar signing with a lot of upside. Very similar to Akiem Hicks. 

He had a 49TT 9.5 sack sophomore season. He was on pace for a 12+ sack 3rd year. The Injury AND suspension are definitely concerning, but if he can regain his form, that's an extremely high upside FA signing. 

He's the dude I target after I kick McPhee's *** to the curb.

Archived