Who will win the AFC East in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the AFC East in 2023?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC East in 2023?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • New York Jets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

Shocker but I'm going Bills. 

The Bills get Von Miller and Micah Hyde back this year + the addition of Leonard Floyd and Poona Ford. We lost Tremaine Edmunds but Sean McDermott is taking over play calling duties and being responsible for the defense. After the collapses in the playoffs I think he wants ownership for the defense. 

On offense we added OL which we needed badly. Added Dalton Kincaid to be our slot WR as well as some under the radar WR signings. I'm a big fan of Damien Harris and Latavious Murray to be our power backs too.

It wouldn't shock me if the Dolphins or Jets won the division as I think all three teams will make the playoffs. Vegas thinks the same thing, Bills are +130, Jets +250, and Dolphins at +290.

I think this’ll be the toughest division this year. 

I wouldn’t put my money on any single team here, but gun ti my head, I’d pick the Jets. They were a couple games out from making the playoffs last year, and that was with dog water at QB and Breece Hall missing most of the season. Rodgers may not be prime Rodgers, and Hall may have some rust, but you’ve got to expect the new QB to give them a pop. The young players will rally around that. 

Buffalo I think is a solid team as always, Diggs and Allen are awesome. McDermott a good coach. However, I don’t think they’re replenishing their talent all that well, and I don’t trust the playcalling to ever stop the Allen hero-ball offense.

Miami’s a tough one to judge because you really have no idea what to expect from Tua. We know his ceiling’s higher than we previously thought, but now his brain is mush. I have no idea how many games he plays, makes it even harder to gauge with idiotic decisions and pure disregard from that coaching/medical staff. But they’re super talented. Hard to judge. 

NE’s definitely got the worst chance here, I wouldn’t entertain them taking the division. But they’ll have their tough outs, and having an actual offensive coordinator will give them more chances this year than last. Without an OC, they were only a game away from a WC berth.

So yeah, if I’m forced to pick, I’ll take NYJ. But really nothing would surprise me, except for any of these four teams completely tanking (barring injuries).

• Like 1

It feels like its the Bills to lose. I dont think they are the juggernaut that others think but Miamis only shot is Tuas health and its so hard to think he will make it thru the season. I want him to but last year was scary 

Rodgers either needs to improve from last year a decent amount or the defense needs to maintain it’s incredibly high level which as we know is tough to do

• Like 1

I'd love for it to be the Patriots, though I think Mac Jones might not hit until he's on his next team. I still believe in him. I don't believe in what the Patriots are doing, though, but it would be neat if I was wrong about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soko said:

I think this’ll be the toughest division this year. 

I wouldn’t put my money on any single team here, but gun ti my head, I’d pick the Jets. They were a couple games out from making the playoffs last year, and that was with dog water at QB and Breece Hall missing most of the season. Rodgers may not be prime Rodgers, and Hall may have some rust, but you’ve got to expect the new QB to give them a pop. The young players will rally around that.

I'm swigging the Jets Koolaid too, but it's close.  Rodgers should have one or two decent seasons left in him.  I worry about his protection, targets, and strength of schedule but the defense won't demand he score points by the bushel.

Buffalo's WRs face much tougher defenders than usual but the Bills should keep it tight.

FWIW, I'm not delighted with any of the AFC-East drafts.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

The Bills are still the team to beat.

Miami has a good shot if Tua can stay healthy, which is a big if at this point.

Jets have a chance if Rodgers plays as well as he's capable of.

This is my exact thought process.

I expect the Bills to win it again. But it won't shock me to see Miami do it or the Jets to have a magical year with Rodgers.

• Like 2

This division looks a lot like the 2022 AFC West. Very similar offseason.

You have the top notch team. Bills and Chiefs who have been consistently atop the division

You have the team with all the playmakers and potential that they just dont seem to live up to with Dolphins and Chargers

Then you have the team that has great defenses and added a 30+ year old QB just for expectations to soar and then crash and burn.

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

This division looks a lot like the 2022 AFC West. Very similar offseason.

You have the top notch team. Bills and Chiefs who have been consistently atop the division

You have the team with all the playmakers and potential that they just dont seem to live up to with Dolphins and Chargers

Then you have the team that has great defenses and added a 30+ year old QB just for expectations to soar and then crash and burn.

Except Rodgers >>>>> Wilson.

• Like 1