2023-24,53-man roster for the Packers, and other predictions.

jleisher

Has Yosh been traded yet?

I was told it was a guarantee by Tuesday. Too funny! When I said it's not happening...YOSH IS GOING NO WHERE!

I was told I should try and get along with people here. I have enough friends. I'm here to educate the clueless on the reality inside 1265 Lombardi.

Yosh Nijman is not getting traded. Yosh is an integral part of the roster. Zero trade discussions have taken place on Yosh. 

The end. 

I'm genuinely curious, did someone post that Nijman would definitely be traded?  I've seen a lot of posts saying it's not unreasonable to think Yosh could be traded, but don't think I've seen a post saying it's likely to happen, let alone guarantee it.  Just trying to understand the source of this outrage. I don't read nearly all the posts in these threads, so maybe I missed it.

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I'm genuinely curious, did someone post that Nijman would definitely be traded?  I've seen a lot of posts saying it's not unreasonable to think Yosh could be traded, but don't think I've seen a post saying it's likely to happen, let alone guarantee it.  Just trying to understand the source of this outrage. I don't read nearly all the posts in these threads, so maybe I missed it.

There’s been some hypothetical clamoring.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R T said:

It feels like a year where the Packers have a lot of players at the backend of the 53 they can play around with, with little risk of being claimed. 

I'm expecting that a few will make the first 53 only to be moved to the IR the following day. Moore, Tenuta and Wicks all fit this possibility. 

We might see 7 WR's on that first 53 only to see Wicks moved to the IR. Easily could see 2 RBs to start and a third add a couple of days later. Same with the Safety group, would not be surprising to see only 4 to begin on the first 53. Don't believe there is much danger of any of the Safeties being claimed.

Also, could see a bigger number of OL then most are projecting. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same regarding Wicks and moving him to IR after he's officially on the roster.

• Like 1

Yah, I view a Nijman trade as unlikely but not unthinkable. The biggest argument against trading Nijman: Starting caliber tackles are tough to find, and one of the Packers' has a problematic knee. The biggest reason why Nijman might be dealt: starting caliber tackles are tough to find so someone might make an offer high enough that it makes sense for the Packers to take it.

The bottom line is, he is a backup a year away from unrestricted free agency. Almost anyone in that situation is likely available for the right price.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

I was told it was a guarantee by Tuesday. Too funny! When I said it's not happening...YOSH IS GOING NO WHERE!

I was told I should try and get along with people here. I have enough friends. I'm here to educate the clueless on the reality inside 1265 Lombardi.

Yosh Nijman is not getting traded. Yosh is an integral part of the roster. Zero trade discussions have taken place on Yosh. 

The end. 

The end?

It's not the end until my beautiful wife says it's the end. Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? NO. 

While I lay in bed with my beautiful wife typing this and eating caviar and drinking the perfect white wine to complement the palate, I realize I must educate the clueless. My beautiful wife says a sparkling white wine or champagne is best with caviar. My beautiful wife is laughing at the thought of all the clueless people trying caviar.  

My beautiful wife and I are very important people, we have many leather-bound books. All of you clueless people probably don't have any leather-bound books.

My beautiful wife says it can be the end now. 

Have a nice day. 

The end. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Deps said:

Yah, I view a Nijman trade as unlikely but not unthinkable. The biggest argument against trading Nijman: Starting caliber tackles are tough to find, and one of the Packers' has a problematic knee. The biggest reason why Nijman might be dealt: starting caliber tackles are tough to find so someone might make an offer high enough that it makes sense for the Packers to take it.

The bottom line is, he is a backup a year away from unrestricted free agency. Almost anyone in that situation is likely available for the right price.

Well-reasoned. We’ve all made that “you’re sitting him anyway” argument when fishing for a trade in fantasy football. And often the offer is refused because your buddy wants the insurance over your third RB. It has to be a very good offer.

Apologies for the clamoring.

6 minutes ago, Deps said:

Based on what pretty much every beat writer is saying, Yosh has been dropped to OT4 on the depth chart.  He is also on a 4M tender that GB would fully recover if Yosh is traded.  Gute may not be actively shopping Yosh, but he's definitely listening to anyone who calls with an offer.

14 minutes ago, R T said:

The end?

It's not the end until my beautiful wife says it's the end. Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? NO. 

While I lay in bed with my beautiful wife typing this and eating caviar and drinking the perfect white wine to complement the palate, I realize I must educate the clueless. My beautiful wife says a sparkling white wine or champagne is best with caviar. My beautiful wife is laughing at the thought of all the clueless people trying caviar.  

My beautiful wife and I are very important people, we have many leather-bound books. All of you clueless people probably don't have any leather-bound books.

Have a nice day. 

The end. 

Now I feel bad that I don't have any leather-bound books.  Thanks a lot.

...and caviar sucks.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, R T said:

The end?

Have a nice day. 

The end. 

That is not your beautiful house.

That is not your beautiful wife.

My God what have you done?

• Like 6

I don't see the back of the Packers roster as being that overwhelmingly great.  Don't think many of our cuts are so good that other teams are going to be clamoring to snag them.  Carpenter, DuBose, Innis Gaines, Owens, Wilson, Patrick Taylor, Leavitt, Ballentine, Moore, doesn't every roster have guys like that on their bubbles too? 

Anybody who gets cut, that will kinda reflect that the Packers don't see that much upside ahead.  

I'll be very curious to see who makes the 53 and who doesn't, and then who gets re-added after the guys from the 53 get placed on IR and we add a couple back on Thursday.  We're all interested. 

To some degree that gives some insights into what the Packers themselves see in the players.  I hope Jones and Ford don't get cut, because that means the Packers see them as having future value.  

1 hour ago, freefromwhatyouare said:

The end. 

You might have to quote the post where someone said it was a guarantee that Nijman would be traded.