2023-24,53-man roster for the Packers, and other predictions.

jleisher

I mean, there are cases where you'd rather trade a guy than cut the guy that's behind him on the depth chart, but let's not forget that any team could have had Nijman for a 2nd in the spring, and the compensatory pick he earns has a reasonable chance at being a 4th.  So that's not a needle that a team is likely to thread.

• Like 1

Any team that may have been keeping tabs on Yosh heading into camp has to be wondering about his demotion.  I think that alone would stop any kind of serious offers coming in.  Who's going to trade a RD3 pick for a player making 4.3M+ and was just demoted to OT4 on the depth chart?  Likely nobody.  GB's situation with Bak still gives Yosh plenty of value on this roster, so if the offer isn't at least a 2024 RD3, I'm not interested.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

On another note. You were lukewarm on Rasheed Walker as a tackle. Have his last two games changed your opinion? 

Absolutely.

I still have questions about his coordination and natural feel for the game, but I used to have all of those questions, plus questions about his range and footwork. 

If every two years the Packers want to draft one of these raw-clay Offensive Tackles in the late rounds, and try and turn them into something, I absolutely love this plan. 

Lord knows they get their in different ways, but I could see Walker grading out similarly to Marshall Newhouse. And I know people will see that as an insult, but it's not. Marshall Newhouse played in the NFL for a decade.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lord knows they get their in different ways, but I could see Walker grading out similarly to Marshall Newhouse. And I know people will see that as an insult, but it's not. Marshall Newhouse played in the NFL for a decade.

So did Allen Barbre, he just needed time to develop and we didn’t have it. O Line definitely needs time. Guys who can start in year one are hard to come by. No matter where they start, adding a few years in an NFL program means strength and mass and any rookie is jumping in the deep end going into the trenches. We definitely have some kind of developmental plan at tackle. I hope we can get some quality interior guys on the depth chart now. 

20 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm genuinely curious, did someone post that Nijman would definitely be traded?  I've seen a lot of posts saying it's not unreasonable to think Yosh could be traded, but don't think I've seen a post saying it's likely to happen, let alone guarantee it.  Just trying to understand the source of this outrage. I don't read nearly all the posts in these threads, so maybe I missed it.

You are correct.

Except that one poster has maintained that he could be traded next year.

It's been a wild ride.  (And not just on a hotwife.)

I watched Walker a lot in the last game, and the prior pre-season games.  I do not question, at all, the footspeed and quickness that he has....as a very large man.

I do question the hands, particularly the hand placement.  But those feet work great and I haven't seen him overextend or get off balance due to those feet.

I do question the "want it" factor with him.  He just looks effortless out there, like he's not playing hard.  I feel that part of that is those natural feet.  But still, he needs to play harder and get over the hump. (heh heh heh)

On 8/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, CWood21 said:

QB: Love / Clifford [2/2]
RB: Jones / Dillon / Taylor [3/5]
TE: Musgrave / Kraft / Degura / Allen [4/9]
WR: Watson / Doubs / Reed / Wicks / Toure / Heath [6/15]
OL: Bakh / Jenkins / Myers / Runyan / Tom / Njiman / Walker / Rhyan / Jones [9/24]
Offense: 24

DL: Clark / Wyatt / Slaton / Ford / Brooks / Wooden [6/30]
ILB: Campbell / Walker / McDuffie / Wilson [4/34]
EDGE: Gary / Smith / LVN / Enagabare / Hollins / Cox [6/40]
CB: Alexander / Douglas / Nixon / Valentine / Balentine [5/45]
S: Savage / Ford / Leavitt / Owens / Moore [5/50]
Defense: 26

K: Carlson
P: Whelan
LS: Orzech
Special Teams: 3

Updated.

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You are correct.

Except that one poster has maintained that he could be traded next year.

It's been a wild ride.  (And not just on a hotwife.)

I am trading Nijman in all of my pre draft stuff next year, even though he won't be on the team.  I may even re-sign him and then trade him, just for fun.

• Like 1