2023-24,53-man roster for the Packers, and other predictions.

jleisher

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Schneider is listed at 10 pounds heavier, is one year younger, and has one year in the NFL.  Empey started 41 games at center for BYU, whereas Schneider played LG for the majority of his UCF career.  I would guess that you can stash either of them on the PS and can just deal with musical chairs for a game if Meyers gets hurt.  I didn't really notice if either was bad when they played against the Bengals (as did Tom and Runyan), but I did notice that Rhyan and Newman looked better against the Patriots with Hanson at center, if that means anything.

I know it won't be popular around here, but we could also offer a PS spot to Hanson when he clears waivers.  They may have just wanted to see a couple more players in practice while he recovers for a few weeks.  I thought that Hanson looked the best that he has with the Packers against NE, before he got hurt again.

Not how that rule works. 

On 8/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, Leader said:

For the most part, that article seems about right.  Think they're a bit more pessimistic on Njiman.  No chance he's not on the roster unless he's traded (which I don't think he will).   Pretty much see Wicks as a lock.  Not sure I see Caleb Jones being as likely to make the 53 man given how deep we are in OTs.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For the most part, that article seems about right.  Think they're a bit more pessimistic on Njiman.  No chance he's not on the roster unless he's traded (which I don't think he will).   Pretty much see Wicks as a lock.  Not sure I see Caleb Jones being as likely to make the 53 man given how deep we are in OTs.

No way I'm cutting Jones. Every single tape he's put out there has been solid and he's massive. Bakh and Nijman are gone next year. Jones could be the swing OT as OL #6. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 11:02 AM, Leader said:

There will probably be a few moves that happen after the original 53 is made. Some the players that are dinged up will probably be on the first 53 and then after the waiver period they will be put on IR and players that were cut and cleared waivers will be re-signed. Wicks, Tenuta, Moore, Johnson, Melton, Nichols, Goodson are all dinged right now and some of them the Packers may have an in season plan for. 

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

No way I'm cutting Jones. Every single tape he's put out there has been solid and he's massive. Bakh and Nijman are gone next year. Jones could be the swing OT as OL #6. 

He might be a swing tackle a year from now...that's not really a good reason to keep him around.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Your 8th/9th/10th string OL isn't going to be active on gameday.

I think, barring a waiver claim or something, they're only going to have Deguara and the two rookies as FB/TE/H-Back.  So for "3 in-line TE" looks they're going to play a 6th OL.  So that guy's getting more snaps than normal.

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Will the Packers get a veteran blocking TE in the next few weeks, because Musgrave and Kraft are not the guys you want there doing that (at least not at this time) ?

We don't have the money to get anyone for more than a vet min.