Biggest Scumbag In Your Team’s History

BetterCallSaul

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

this is the most NFL story I've never heard of

It's so sad that it's real. Edit: I got the award that he won wrong.

A few hours before his arrest, Robinson was honored with the Bart Starr Award by the religious group Athletes in Action. Balloting is conducted among NFL players to select the person who displays "high moral character."

Robinson was released from Miami police headquarters around 11 p.m. to Falcons general manager Harold Richardson. The player promised to return for a court appearance, which is usually scheduled within 30 days.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs98/news/1999/990130/01077118.html

Edited by scar988

Everyone already knows about most NFL players who get in legal trouble so I’ll throw one out that from everyone I’ve talked to who met him said he was a supreme D-Bag: Chris McAlister

Earl Thomas was also just a poster boy d-head when he was with us right off the rip up through the whole brother 3some gun thing and his release

27 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Everyone already knows about most NFL players who get in legal trouble so I’ll throw one out that from everyone I’ve talked to who met him said he was a supreme D-Bag: Chris McAlister

Earl Thomas was also just a poster boy d-head when he was with us right off the rip up through the whole brother 3some gun thing and his release

McAlister was in a Madden league on a site I co-owned back about a decade ago, and I played him six times.  Always scheduled early, and we got our games in.  We split our series.  

• Like 1

threads like this has me wondering about public figures whose reputation will always be in a positive light, despite being terrible people behind the scenes. they just got lucky to never be caught. A few huge celebs like crosby and Joe Pa who almost got away

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, August4th said:

threads like this has me wondering about public figures whose reputation will always be in a positive light, despite being terrible people behind the scenes. they just got lucky to never be caught. A few huge celebs like crosby and Joe Pa who almost got away

Tom Hanks is 100% a closeted Serial Killer. Mother Teresa invented OF. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Hmmmm that was not known to me. He was awesome for Baltimore. Probably the first player I genuinely coveted from another team when I started watching. 

Great corner when he played. All Pro a year or two I believe. But I had heard a bunch of stories throughout the years, and then in 2008 he got cut midseason by Harbaugh when he was a rookie coach. Rumors swirled about McAlister being literally drunk during the game, and based on what i’d heard in the ~5 years prior, I leaned towards it being factual.

Edit: benched mid-season, not cut. But he was promptly cut that following february days after the SB.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

For the bears, it’s kinda difficult. I have players I absolutely hate every year but as soon as they leave town I stop hating them and stop thinking about them. Matt Nagy is surely up there. I think his overly conservative and uninspired playcalling is why we lost the double doink game to the eagles and it wasn’t actually Cody Parkey’s fault. He made 3/4 FG’s and his whiff was blocked. It shouldn’t have come down to that kick based on the disparity in talent between our rosters at the time. We’ve had bad coaches before but Matt Nagy lost us games and cost us players. 

Sam Hurd aka Heisenberg is up there. Javon Wims. He was ineffectual on the field and then he punched CJGJ’s head, making his usual neutral impact on a game an actual negative. Chris Williams is way up there. I was at the Chicago bears expo and sick kids from a local hospital were there for a special meet and greet just with him and he no call no showed. Disliked him ever since. 

A couple honorable mentions:

•Kevin White. I actually feel bad for him, but when he got drafted he referred to himself as “great and humble” which either makes him an idiot or…I’m not sure what the other options are

•Jay Cutler, post-career. He turned into a Trumphard with extreme offensive opinions out of nowhere. He was best when he didn’t give a flying **** about anything 

•a decent chunk of Cedric Benson’s teammates when he was in Chicago. He wasn’t the right pick since we had a prime TJ still but hazing and bullying him like they did was bs. 

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Terrell Suggs also had some questionable behavior, allegedly touching up his wife and threatening to dump bleach on her or their child. But there was never any evidence and all accusations were withdrawn. 

He who hasn’t threatened to dump bleach on their wife/child may cast the first stone. Let’s be real: we’ve all had that moment of weakness from time to time. Let’s not chastise him for having the guts to verbalize it.

I’m looking for real scumbags like Matt Nagy, not your “everyman” T-Sizzle.