We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

10 hours ago, mistakey said:

dude we all said this about hue tho after we fired mike pettine and somehow it got WORSE

help us, divine football gods

So, here would be the comparison.  How successful would Hue have been with the roster that Pettine had to work with?  You have to compare apples to apples, or in their case, bowling balls to bowling balls, right?

21 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

So, here would be the comparison.  How successful would Hue have been with the roster that Pettine had to work with?  You have to compare apples to apples, or in their case, bowling balls to bowling balls, right?

Hue wouldn’t of been successful. Pettine had some success because he accepted the role of hiring a legit OC, even tho he left after a year.  

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I don't know if Pettine was a worse coach than Hue, certainly wasn't any good at clock management type things but we did put more wins up without a vastly superior roster.

I had zero expectations going into this year. I thought it would lessen feeling bad about losing and it has. I am a little upset that we couldn't surpass the zero expectation that I had.

What’s crazy is that pettines wins came from offense cause his defense was so bad and hues losses stem from his offense at least... 90% of the time.  Seems like our coaches choke when it comes to what they know best when they coach in Cleveland 

Somehow Chris Palmer found a way to win 5 games in 2 years with a bunch of misfits worse than the players from "The Replacements" and a GM in Dwight Clark that was as bad of a talent evaluator as I've ever seen, although Ray Farmer gives him a run for his money.

The fact that there's even a hint of doubt that Hue may keep his job after going 1-31 is nothing short of hilarious and astounding.

1 hour ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Hues clock management is even worse than pettines. Which is saying a lot. We wouldn’t have won a game. 

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

What’s crazy is that pettines wins came from offense cause his defense was so bad and hues losses stem from his offense at least... 90% of the time.  Seems like our coaches choke when it comes to what they know best when they coach in Cleveland 

This is something I’ve noticed in all my years watching the nfl. Seems like offensive minded coaches have a bad offense and vicey versey quite a bit of the time. 

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The fact that there's even a hint of doubt that Hue may keep his job after going 1-31 is nothing short of hilarious and astounding.

Not sure I understand this.

Are you saying that anyone who thinks he is gone is hilariously/astoundingly wrong?

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not sure I understand this.

Are you saying that anyone who thinks he is gone is hilariously/astoundingly wrong?

No I’m saying that he’s going to go 1-31 and yet will quite still possibly keep his job. It’s hilarious. What other profession or even pro sports organization would stand for this?

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No I’m saying that he’s going to go 1-31 and yet will quite still possibly keep his job. It’s hilarious. What other profession or even pro sports organization would stand for this?

I could have gotten paid millions to go 1-31 and cast the blame elsewhere. The fact that there are arguments for keeping him are at this point astounding. The bar was set low. He could have gone 4-12 twice and the level of satisfaction would have been pretty solid. 

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

This is something I’ve noticed in all my years watching the nfl. Seems like offensive minded coaches have a bad offense and vicey versey quite a bit of the time. 

It’s because coaches know what they can’t do and over compensate for the opposite side of the ball. “Well I’m not sure if I can bring the best out of my defense since I’m an offensive coach. So I need to allocate more resources and attention to defense. I can do more with less on offense.”

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s because coaches know what they can’t do and over compensate for the opposite side of the ball. “Well I’m not sure if I can bring the best out of my defense since I’m an offensive coach. So I need to allocate more resources and attention to defense. I can do more with less on offense.”

I also think that a lot of these "offensive genius" types get brought into teams with a GREAT defense and a sub par offense to "turn it around", like Billick in Baltimore and Gruden in Tampa Bay. A lot of times these guys just create a very vanilla offense predicated on pounding the ball in the running game, controlling the clock, limiting turnovers, and limiting the opponent's possessions.

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I have a bad feeling about this. Just to many people saying he isn’t getting fired 

John Dorsey fan here. He's gonna fire Hue. Like this week. Pretty much guarantee this is his "To do" list:

1. Change the culture via mass turnover both players and coaching staff.

2. Figure out if it's Kizer or someone in the draft within the first 5 picks at QB.

3. Take the BPA the rest of the draft. 

4. ?????

5. Profit.

Archived