Preseason Game 2 - New England @ Green Bay

Leader

I think the only reason we really kept 4 TE Last Year was for three reasons. One, Bobby Tonyan was recovering from the prior year's injury. Two, Tonyan and Marcedes did nothing on ST apart from maybe blocking for placekicks(and I think only Tonyan of the two did that), and Third; Deguara's position as an H-Back, which is really just a technicality.

This year, Tonyan's gone, removing the first reason. Kraft is expected to have a ST role even as a #2, removing the second reason. Unless we really see something good from Austin Allen in the Seattle game, it's looking more like he's going to be stuck in the 69, leaving us with three.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am not sure that I learned anything new from last night's game.  

-OL is a strength of this team.  Even the oft-criticized Hanson, Rhyan, Newman combo did pretty well.  Telfort looked strong and big, give him a season on the PS and he probably looks even better.  Walker was good.  Nijman was good. 

-I think the rookies kind of solidified what I thought about them last week.  Wooden and Brooks are pretty good.  Musgrave and Reed are good to go.  Valentine is a steal.  LVN and Kraft are not quite there yet.  Cox and Heath need to make the team.  

-Once again, the safety play has been pretty non-descript.  Once in a while one will screw up, but nothing has been egregious, yet.  But none of them are really making a difference positively.  Darnell Savage has been playing.  Did you even notice? Rudy Ford had a TFL last night.  Possibly the best play made from the safety group over the two games we have seen.

Spot on ! Exactly what I came away with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Are we just not including Watson on purpose? 

Reed too

Those guys are clearly ahead of Heath on the depth chart but I'm referring to camp and preseason production. Heath is only behind Doubs in production. He's moved into the #4 WR slot IMO.

10 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Guess you don't follow Twitter or the national media.

Eh, it's what you can expect when your go-to guy at QB is admittedly unproven, especially if you're a small market. The tune will be different if Love exceeds their expectations.

55 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Evidently that Patriot player is gonna be okay.  I wonder if the NFL Network will show a replay of this game this week for those of us who couldn't see it live..?

Its on today at 3:00 PM Central time; 2:00 PM East Coast time for all the Packer fans living in Florida....and there are quite a few.

• Like 1