Leader

My #Packers preseason Week 2 grades for the offense:

Top 3: Rasheed Walker +0.90 Jordan Love +0.75 Malik Heath +0.65

Bottom 3: Josh Myers -1.20 Samori Toure -0.55 Kadeem Telfort -0.35

All Grades:
Love +0.75 Clifford +0.60

Wilson +0.40 Dillon +0.20 Taylor +0.10 Jones
+0.00 Pearson -0.05 Deguara -0.30

Heath +0.65 Doubs +0.45 DuBose +0.15 Chrest +0.10 Watts +0.05 Reed +0.00 Bonds +0.00 Watson -0.10 Wicks -0.15 Toure -0.55

Musgrave +0.15 Allen -0.05 Kraft -0.20

Walker +0.90 Rhyan +0.50 Runyan +0.30 Schneider +0.10 Nijman +0.00 Newman -0.05 Tom -0.10 Hanson -0.20 Jenkins -0.30 Telfort -0.35 Myers -1.20

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:
My #Packers preseason Week 2 grades for the offense:

Top 3: Rasheed Walker +0.90 Jordan Love +0.75 Malik Heath +0.65

Bottom 3: Josh Myers -1.20 Samori Toure -0.55 Kadeem Telfort -0.35

All Grades:
Love +0.75 Clifford +0.60

Wilson +0.40 Dillon +0.20 Taylor +0.10 Jones
+0.00 Pearson -0.05 Deguara -0.30

Heath +0.65 Doubs +0.45 DuBose +0.15 Chrest +0.10 Watts +0.05 Reed +0.00 Bonds +0.00 Watson -0.10 Wicks -0.15 Toure -0.55

Musgrave +0.15 Allen -0.05 Kraft -0.20

Walker +0.90 Rhyan +0.50 Runyan +0.30 Schneider +0.10 Nijman +0.00 Newman -0.05 Tom -0.10 Hanson -0.20 Jenkins -0.30 Telfort -0.35 Myers -1.20

Meyers grade is absolutely absurd. Even if you put the bad snap on him, the only thing he did the rest of the game was shove the Pats DTs around. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 11:13 PM, packfanfb said:

Veteran move by BB here. Wanted to secure that important preseason W and knew Big Cliff was about to ****** it from him 😉

Well at least we know who wussed out first lol

Well, anyway in all seriousness, I still split feelings over the whole calling games early thing.  Yeah, it's only preseason, and yeah it could be looked at in the same light as a game getting cancelled or called off due to bad weather.

At the same time though, people still buy tickets for these things and the league should be forced to give full refunds if games get called period even with only 1 quarter to go.  And, I realize like with the Hamlin game last year, that was a highly unusual situation and perhaps they felt the need to just end that game because they wanted to know what had happened and get a handle on it and just didn't feel the game could go on in that circumstance.  But I really think we are setting a bad precedent for calling games even for serious injuries because it was never done in the past, and really shouldn't be done now.  And if it does happen again, there has to be a protocol in place to finish or do a make-up game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well, anyway in all seriousness, I still split feelings over the whole calling games early thing.  Yeah, it's only preseason, and yeah it could be looked at in the same light as a game getting cancelled or called off due to bad weather.

At the same time though, people still buy tickets for these things and the league should be forced to give full refunds if games get called period even with only 1 quarter to go.  And, I realize like with the Hamlin game last year, that was a highly unusual situation and perhaps they felt the need to just end that game because they wanted to know what had happened and get a handle on it and just didn't feel the game could go on in that circumstance.  But I really think we are setting a bad precedent for calling games even for serious injuries because it was never done in the past, and really shouldn't be done now.  And if it does happen again, there has to be a protocol in place to finish or do a make-up game.

It's a snowflake world, and we are living in it.  The guy was in good hands, there's nothing anybody in the game could do after he left the field.   Finish the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Meyers grade is absolutely absurd. Even if you put the bad snap on him, the only thing he did the rest of the game was shove the Pats DTs around. 

If you listen to Herman you start to understand that he doesn't understand, and then his think tank that he bounces opinions around with know less. 

Just a fan with a little more access to the team.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

If you listen to Herman you start to understand that he doesn't understand, and then his think tank that he bounces opinions around with know less. 

Just a fan with a little more access to the team.

You just described (other than a handful of exceptions) the entire sports media profession.  Most of the media voices that weigh so heavily on the fans have no idea what they are talking about from a football IQ standpoint.  They are simply echoing the current talking points.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

It's a snowflake world, and we are living in it.  The guy was in good hands, there's nothing anybody in the game could do after he left the field.   Finish the game.

I feel like my irony detector may need calibrating because I can't tell if this is serious.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:16 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

I agree with you there. NFL needs to set something in place that takes this out of the hands of coaches who have conflicts of interest.

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is the new norm when a guy gets carried off on a stretch, strapped down and immobilized, the game gets cancelled immediately? 

I get this was preseason and have no issues with what was decided. I just don't think that can become the new norm. 

Depends on the severity. If the guy is giving a thumbs up or is conscious and responsive, play on. To continue playing a game if someone gets hauled out unresponsive? Yeah I see no problem in postponing. It's just a dumb *** game.

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is the new norm when a guy gets carried off on a stretch, strapped down and immobilized, the game gets cancelled immediately? 

I get this was preseason and have no issues with what was decided. I just don't think that can become the new norm. 

Honestly, I completely understand Mazrimiv’s shock at what he perceived to be a lack of empathy from you. But I also understand that the league cannot proceed with a “stretcher=cancellation” policy.

If you can cancel a pre-season game over paint, you can certainly halt one in the 4th quarter when the coaches have seen what they need to see and the teams are sick of one another after multiple days of intense scrimmaging.

To Old Guy’s point, the Damar Hamilton near-death experience still lurks, if not in Goodell’s mind, certainly in the mind of his lawyers and marketing people. We can get a little too intense and suggest that we’d all be speaking German if they called off the invasion at Normandy because too many soldiers were getting hurt. They didn’t, and their sacrifice exceeded the limits of German design. But a billion dollar business infused with bread and circus passions isn’t Normandy.

I am trying to be pragmatic and rational and empathetic at the same time. The great American flag that waves over I-43 on the way to Lambeau Field is almost perpetually at half-mast now. The intense feelings we all have for this brave firefighter and those poor victims and that esteemed government functionary have watered down the gesture to near meaninglessness.

So, I am with Mazrimiv that we should have some empathy for the teams that were dealing with a shocking injury in an exhibition game.

And I am also with Old Guy that we must be wary about pushing down the trip-switch for game cancellations to levels that would leave the NFL at constant half-mast.