The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

On 9/5/2023 at 1:40 PM, Jerry said:

It really blows my mind how you still aren't over DC.  I really think you need to sit down and ask yourself why you can't stop bringing him up.  Your obsession (whatever you want to call this) over a person you've probably never met is awkward and needs addressing.  You should really just stop and move on.  DC literally has nothing to do with what's going on with C. Jones and you still find a way to bring him up.  I sometimes think you're just some weird troll (Broncos fan) just here to mess with Raiders fans.

It's funny because I un 'Iggy'd' all the posters I'd blocked because it's a new season and I think everyone brings something to the table but as soon as I read that comment I just put him on Iggy again. I think covid broke him and either he needs meds, needs to get off meds or needs a med adjustment because I don't remember this much OCD from him before covid. To each their own but it's interesting watching the posters change over the time of this site. Not new posters by long time posters that this LOSING TEAM CULTURE has literally BROKEN us all. lol Oh ME INCLUDED!!! Like I'm yelling. ARGH!!! lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hopefully he is getting help and that was the end of his breakdown. Because jfc I was worried for the man

And maybe it's a start to him acknowledging something happened. Sounds like he's backtracking a bit not wanting to play for the Raiders. I'm not sure if it's past the point of no return already or not, but maybe he is getting help and taking meds.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

And maybe it's a start to him acknowledging something happened. Sounds like he's backtracking a bit not wanting to play for the Raiders. I'm not sure if it's past the point of no return already or not, but maybe he is getting help and taking meds.

Strange that he was so seemingly optimistic, then went off on one for only a few days now seems to be back to the team player……very strange. He’s always come across as a genuine guy and a decent human though so hope he can sort whatever was the issue and play this year and come back with a massive point to prove and motivation.

On 9/8/2023 at 5:12 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Don’t get me started on add or adhd which my generation never had. drs are the biggest drug dealers in the world.

At 52 there is no way I wouldn't have been put on many things (today) because ADHD is obvious. lol   However, I had GOOD FRIENDS growing up who corrected my BEHAVIOR. So I learned to live with an INTENSE amount of energy and not be such a spaz. lol.

As I got older I also got more BALANCE (Mental, Physical. Spiritual with Emotions woven through it all) When I see people having 'issues' I rarely see BALANCE. 

I wrote the above before reading your ' we had og's not pills' post.'  I'm SO Fing happy you are a coach in young men's lives...Some of the old school ways are needed for balancing the social media generations issues. You can only show them the door. They have to walk through it. 

My Energy is both a blessing and a curse. I just needed a proper channel or FOCUS. That took time and some young men these days don't give themselves the time or know where to look. Thank YOU Cough for being in their lives. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting...I know when I've had some 'rough times' I just wanted to put my head down and go to work to work through things. We all handle things differently. He wants to be out there with his team mates and probably wants to smack people around in a game to let out some frustration. That's not happening for some reason. Happy to see Mark's reply because at times I've wondered if he's lost sight of how we treat RAIDERS. Actions speak louder than words.  For ME (Personal Responsibility) something has felt 'off' since the Mack trade with how I've felt about things as a Raider fan and the NFL in general. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, G said:

Interesting...I know when I've had some 'rough times' I just wanted to put my head down and go to work to work through things. We all handle things differently. He wants to be out there with his team mates and probably wants to smack people around in a game to let out some frustration. That's not happening for some reason. Happy to see Mark's reply because at times I've wondered if he's lost sight of how we treat RAIDERS. Actions speak louder than words.  For ME (Personal Responsibility) something has felt 'off' since the Mack trade with how I've felt about things as a Raider fan and the NFL in general. 

https://x.com/chanjones55/status/1700832832262971725?s=46&t=4vTVgUjAYIqsltjjaH1U3g

looks like he knows he’s in the wrong, and needs to be punished, but just a little bit 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like this response from Mark, for all his faults I think he’s a genuine guy who honestly does care. It’s about the team and honour rather than the money. Mark may not be a football savant like his father but he’s a good human being I believe.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I like this response from Mark, for all his faults I think he’s a genuine guy who honestly does care. It’s about the team and honour rather than the money. Mark may not be a football savant like his father but he’s a good human being I believe.

Agreed, Chandler not doing himself any favours releasing messages like that especially when he says on twitter it could have been treated privately, it’s like he’s unaware what he’s done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G said:

At 52 there is no way I wouldn't have been put on many things (today) because ADHD is obvious. lol   However, I had GOOD FRIENDS growing up who corrected my BEHAVIOR. So I learned to live with an INTENSE amount of energy and not be such a spaz. lol.

As I got older I also got more BALANCE (Mental, Physical. Spiritual with Emotions woven through it all) When I see people having 'issues' I rarely see BALANCE. 

I wrote the above before reading your ' we had og's not pills' post.'  I'm SO Fing happy you are a coach in young men's lives...Some of the old school ways are needed for balancing the social media generations issues. You can only show them the door. They have to walk through it. 

My Energy is both a blessing and a curse. I just needed a proper channel or FOCUS. That took time and some young men these days don't give themselves the time or know where to look. Thank YOU Cough for being in their lives. 

Respect. Yea at 42 I’m technically a og now so I’m doin my part just like it was done for me. I like coaching cause it’s a way of giving back to the community and esp the youth. I believe you can’t complain about how things are if you don’t do anything to help change it. I have players I coached that are at d1 and d3 schools right now that still hit me up and thank me for helping them along the way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Respect. Yea at 42 I’m technically a og now so I’m doin my part just like it was done for me. I like coaching cause it’s a way of giving back to the community and esp the youth. I believe you can’t complain about how things are if you don’t do anything to help change it. I have players I coached that are at d1 and d3 schools right now that still hit me up and thank me for helping them along the way.

At 32, I'm not technically an og, but I grew up heavily influenced by my sister (she's 43 now). I can say this much: screw the hyper-medication of every ailment under the sun. 

Way too many people my age and younger are in a habit of taking a pill for everything and never learning how to function without them. Not to say they're not helpful, or even necessary sometimes, but man it's gotten out of control- both legitimately and illegitimately. 

I have some pretty bad ADHD. I can't tell you how often people gripe at me for fidgeting or subconsciously shaking my foot or leg. I have to genuinely focus on focusing on focusing on a task sometimes. A lot of start, stop, start again later. I never bothered with any formal diagnosis and never got on meds, even through law school, which was a helluva chore. 

I know a few people, particularly from law school, that may or may not have had ADD/ADHD/insert diagnosis here. But I do know that Adderall and Vyvanse were flowing like candy around finals season and all of a sudden every other student had extended time for finals due to one accommodation or another. Good people, but holy crap they were utterly dependent on accommodations and pills- to the point I would hesitate to hire them to actually practice law. If you can't function without a constant supply of pills and extended time, what are you going to do when a hearing runs late or crunch time comes around? Any outcome is possible whether one has a disabling condition or not, and that's not the issue- I'd never say someone shouldn't be able to practice law or whatever do to it, no my issue is that the pills and accommodations became the primary source from which they could even function at the baseline, but given the unmonitored abuse, nobody was functioning at the intended baseline, they were all practically tweaking from the end of October through the new year. I'm not against medication, but I feel like it's becoming way too much of a first AND ONLY response to things, and that's not a good place. Not only does it make those who can afford them utterly reliant, it often causes those who can't afford the brain candy to basically get ignored because "Well if you have this condition get on meds, otherwise we don't care."

• Like 3