GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Are we almost good as Pittsburgh without Rodgers too?

See....

We proved we were almost as good as the Steelers without Rodgers, remember?

It's that easy.

The sample size of the Packers being Browns+ is more extensive than that of being Steelers-.

9 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Barely beating the Bears, Bucs and Browns? This is just another case of making excuses for the coaches.

So I take it you hate Ted then? Since we have no talent? 

Here's the hard truth for some: looking at things as they are, and not as you want them to be, is not an excuse. It's simply reality. One doesn't need an excuse for reality.

5 minutes ago, th87 said:

I hear you, but the Negatives' assertion is that we are only barely better than the Browns.  And in today's game, we proved that.  So in their/my eyes, not much has changed.

I have a lot of conflicting feelings - I'm happy we get a chance to possibly see Rodgers for a playoff run.  But I'm also very worried he may not be ready, or we may not make it anyway, and by winning what turns out to be meaningless games, we don't make the changes we sorely need, and will miss out on an impact player in the draft.  And worry that if we do make it into the playoffs, our defense gets trounced again, but since we made it, Capers stays on another year.

My feelings are a lot more complicated than just, "Yay we won."

Fair enough ...

But there's a of bad things going on in the world. There's a lot of stuff to genuinely worry about. The negative consequences of winning a game aren't something that's worth worrying about.

Next week's game isn't meaningless - it will be a competitive game featuring teams who have a shot at getting to the playoffs. Its this sort of thing that makes you watch the game. Ultimately it may end up out of our hands but saying its meaningless is like saying every game in a year you don't win the super-bowl is meaningless. 

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's clear we need another starting caliber at OLB and CB. 

NEED IT.

The draft will give us the OLB, IMO the biggest need on this team is TE. We almost have to sign Jimmy Graham. I'd go up to 22/2 to get him here. This TE class sucks unless you want to draft Andrews/Goedert and we'll probably have to use our 1st to do so, no thanks.

At CB, Malcolm Butler, Tru Johnson, Rashaan Melvin, Kyle Fuller and Bashaud Breeland need to be targets. If House accepts a deal less than 5m I bring him back just because we seem to need 7/8 CBs every year.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The draft will give us the OLB, IMO the biggest need on this team is TE. We almost have to sign Jimmy Graham. I'd go up to 22/2 to get him here. This TE class sucks unless you want to draft Andrews/Goedert and we'll probably have to use our 1st to do so, no thanks.

At CB, Malcolm Butler, Tru Johnson, Rashaan Melvin, Kyle Fuller and Bashaud Breeland need to be targets. If House accepts a deal less than 5m I bring him back just because we seem to need 7/8 CBs every year.

Cut Clay and Cobb and you've got enough to go after a CB and OLB. Just have to think EVERYONE is going to be in on Graham.

Capers has no excuse anymore. This win should do nothing for him. We had to use 2 freaking TOs for our defense because they didn't know the play, we still have no idea how to play zone and anyone can average 10 yards per reception on a screen against us. He needs to go.

Also on the 3rd and 4 before the Davis punt return we needed to use a 3rd TO because we couldn't line up. We obviously couldn't and the inline TE on the left side of the field was turned completely free, no one covered him. Just lucky Kizer took a three step and threw the slant or we're 6-7.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cut Clay and Cobb and you've got enough to go after a CB and OLB. Just have to think EVERYONE is going to be in on Graham.

Agreed on Graham, but 10+ to play with Rodgers? That's gotta put you in the top 3.

Edge wise I don't see a single FA that comes close to Matthews. I'd cut Bulaga for cash before Clay.

7 minutes ago, th87 said:

The sample size of the Packers being Browns+ is more extensive than that of being Steelers-.

Sure. But when they barely beat the browns it's like wow we are the worst ever.

The people that say that didn't give an ounce of credit for the display against Pittsburgh. They're stuck in their thinking and it'll never change. Even when there's the rare evidence against. That's all I'm saying.

Everything is bad all the time, always 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The 3rd and 2 that Kizer threw a pick Randall was all over him. It was like 90s NFL coverage. Glad they didn't throw the flag though, if you're 6'3 220 jacked Josh Gordon and you can't throw Damarious Randall off you, you don't deserve a flag.

Yeah there were a couple times when Gordon just gave piss poor effort. He's a great talent but at least fight to get open

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Edge wise I don't see a single FA that comes close to Matthews. I'd cut Bulaga for cash before Clay.

I'm looking at it from a numbers' perspective, I don't think the Packers can afford to release Clay.

Archived