GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

He has looked frazzled in high leverage and time sensitive clock situations.  Some of that is experience, and some of that comes natural.  he seems to have neither

Something worth watching.  So far I would give him pretty decent marks overall, but the inexperience is definitely there, and there is a lot to improve upon for sure.  I'd say his inexperience was a pretty major factor in todays loss.  I remember Rodgers couldn't win close games until his 20th something in the league.  It takes time.  Also doesn't help that he was without some major pieces today.

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'm honestly kind of thankful for all this hyper-focused micro-managing you guys manage to rage through after a loss.

Puts things back into perspective. That we're gonna be shaky, that we've still got weak points all over the place to iron out or cut out altogether, that this is gonna be an uphill battle no matter how much we trounce the Burrs.

On the offensive side, I can agree with this 100%.  The miscues on offense are a bummer, but kind of expected.  I'll take the good with the bad on that side, and so far there has been more good than bad.  24 points should have been more than enough to win this game.

I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for the defense.  I can't think of many reasons to expect that side to improve while Barry is running it.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, StatKing said:

They sucked pretty much the whole game if that makes you feel better.

The Packers were up by 12 points with 18 minutes remaining in the game.  The Falcons scored 13 points in 18 minutes.  After giving up 12 points in the first 42 minutes, they promptly gave up 13 points in 18 minutes.  Inexcusable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

On the offensive side, I can agree with this 100%.  The miscues on offense are a bummer, but kind of expected.  I'll take the good with the bad on that side, and so far there has been more good than bad.  24 points should have been more than enough to win this game.

I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for the defense.  I can't think of many reasons to expect that side to improve while Barry is running it.

I don't like Barry, but so many 3 and outs at the end, D's gonna get gassed. The offense needed to make some first downs and score some more points.