Would you rather  

13 members have voted

1. 1. (f*** our lives)

• Finish 2-15, get Caleb, probably fire Eberflus
    • Finish 7-10, Fields improves slightly, Eberflus and Fields return in 2024

43 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I told you this was coming, @BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW

And you were right.

I'm in a pretty peaceful place right now, listened to/watched the game totally sober and with little fanfare and it's the way to go for this team. 

Maybe they'll turn it around but it doesn't look likely. At least I cleaned the dryer vent and one of the workbenches.  

• Like 1

I think option 2 is way outside the realm of possibility. Option 1 is far far more likely based off what we have seen thus far. I would honestly love it if Fields turns it all around and we still end up with 2 top 5 picks. It is however abundantly obvious that we are severely lacking in talent and in coaching. 

Tyson Bagent, playing the rest of the games, would win 2 more games than Fields. 

I also don't think that number ends up as high as 7.

The question, however is whether he can show enough as a rookie qb, to not draft a QB next season. Statistically speaking he'd basically need the best rookie qb season in NFL history, when even Manning sucked hard year 1, but he has earned his shot to take hold of his career. 

It's time to see what the rookie can do, Fields' evaluation is over imo. He's a bust. Trade him tomorrow for whatever you can get. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Tyson Bagent, playing the rest of the games, would win 2 more games than Fields. 

I also don't think that number ends up as high as 7.

The question, however is whether he can show enough as a rookie qb, to not draft a QB next season. Statistically speaking he'd basically need the best rookie qb season in NFL history, when even Manning sucked hard year 1, but he has earned his shot to take hold of his career. 

It's time to see what the rookie can do, Fields' evaluation is over imo. He's a bust. Trade him tomorrow for whatever you can get. 

If the staff likes Bagent then they definitely need to see what they have this year.....I do not think they would bench Fields but I do think at some point he could show up on the injury report....

You had me at Eberflus probably being fired. 

I don't dislike him as a person or even a coach, but I don't want him as a HC. Bears struggle to develop QBs already, why have someone who can't even run a consistent offensive scheme for your QB? The Bears aren't putting out an all-star staff so just get an offensive mind, pay a top DC to run that side and let them work. Pace botched the coaching pick (HC, not DC) and the QB but he had the right basic formula. 

Yes I know Pace made a ton of bad ones, I'm just talking about that formula specifically. 

• Like 1

We still have 15 games for Fields to play (potentially).

There is time to right the ship and show improvement fans are looking for.

It's too early to throw in the towel and jump off the bridge.

Yes history tells us we are screwed.   And we likely are.  But Cubs won a world series.  We can improve and hit on two blue chippers in draft next year.  

Not giving an excuse, but look at big picture of what happened:

First year - total waste.   Last year was a tank year with new coaches and they didn't develop Fields - they ran student body right and left - a lot.  Because they literally couldn't do anything else with Oline and WRs they had.  

They looked decent in early camp this year.  Not great, but decent.  Good for an early training camp with a lot of new faces.  Then Training Camp went to absolute crap in final 3 weeks with injuries galore. 

This is problem with throwing away 2 years of QB development.  It's great to tank for a high pick - all in favor.  But tough with a rookie QB who has already lost a year.  

Then we get that insane game plan in week 1.    The week 2 - well it may be that Getsy is incompetent.  Or maybe Flus is telling him what to do.  I don't know.   (Some of those route combinations last week were like - wut?)   And what the heck is with all these screens?  

Screens are a counter punch.   Good once in a while to keep pass rush honest.   But if a DL and LB reads it, it is highly likely to get picked (if you throw it rather than dirt it).

Your offensive scheme is based off the OZ run.  Hello?  Not the screen pass.  The OZ is your jab.  Everything flows off of that.

You can't have counters and the trick plays, be your base plays.   You set those up.   Like a fighter that says I am going to throw a crazy round house kick 9 times and jab once.   That is suicide.  This is common sense.  

I guess we will see what happens.  

I watch all games after the fact.  I may start peaking at score ahead of time now before I watch.