Colts rookie QB Anthony Richardson in concussion protocol

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So the AR running experiment lasted 2 weeks before sustaining permanent damage.

It’s not over. He’s gonna run a ton the first 4-5 years of his career. He was drafted as a dual weapon like Lamar and Cam. He has Justin Fields speed with Cam Newton’s body. I was all over him in fantasy this year. He needs to learn how to slide. 

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

It’s not over. He’s gonna run a ton the first 4-5 years of his career. He was drafted as a dual weapon like Lamar and Cam. He has Justin Fields speed with Cam Newton’s body. I was all over him in fantasy this year. He needs to learn how to slide. 

Never said it was over. But concussions have cut short the careers of several superstars before, and the fact that his playstyle exposes him to those kinds of hits more than the average player at the position, it's not a good sign he's already starting to sustain this now. Let's hope he makes it 4-5 years at this rate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

It took Cam way longer to get damaged though. Two injuries in two games makes me think he won’t make it 4-5 years. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hopefully he learns to slide

This wasn't a play where he should have slid. He scored a TD and had a clear path to the endzone. The mistake he made was taking his foot off the gas because he thought he had a clear path. Defender blindsided him as he was about to enter the endzone. If Anthony had run full speed and kept his head on a swivel, there wouldn't have been an issue. Rookie mistake.

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

So the AR running experiment lasted 2 weeks before sustaining permanent damage.

His durability was a problem at UF too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Wasn't Cam's major injury in a major car crash where his truck flipped?

Nah, that was largely irrelevant. It was a rib injury. He tore his rotator the first time in 2016 chasing down an INT because Kelvin Benjamin was a fat piece of human garbage who couldn't be bothered to tackle the DB and would rather argue with the ref. Then he tore it again in 2018 on the Watt hit. Then the lisfranc in 2019 basically sealed it.

EDIT: Believe he had a couple concussions as well. I know that helmet-to-helmet hit against Atlanta, can't recall the year, resulted in one.

Edited by Cypher
  • Like 1