New Regime Options

beardown3231

56 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He is the primary playcaller for Michigan and with the 3 game suspension he is the interim HC.

As a Notre Dame fan, I like the concept of totally devastating Michigan’s future 

25 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I know he’s only 2 years in at usc but I think I’m good on considering him here. Maybe OC, but why give up an $11m/year job for that 

There's 0% chance that Lincoln Riley is taking an OC gig no matter how much you pay him.

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I know he’s only 2 years in at usc but I think I’m good on considering him here. Maybe OC, but why give up an $11m/year job for that 

One thing is for sure...USC & Riley are going to have to adjust or they will be bullied in the BIG10...way too soft up front on both sides of the ball and in the NFL that would be worse 10 fold...

I hate to say it because I have always liked Riley as a college HC...but as an NFL HC I see another Kliff Kingsbury.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

One thing is for sure...USC & Riley are going to have to adjust or they will be bullied in the BIG10...way too soft up front on both sides of the ball and in the NFL that would be worse 10 fold...

I hate to say it because I have always liked Riley as a college HC...but as an NFL HC I see another Kliff Kingsbury.

that's what Sark realized at Texas and focus super hard on the trenches the next two years for recruiting - the skill guys still came because it's texas. they have one of the best OL and DL they've had in years

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I was a huge fan of Oregon's under Chip Kelly, and they had the same issue.... Their OL got absolutely manhandled by Stanford which was built with a bunch of BFDs and they got  just outclassed on physicality so fast they couldn't even utilize their speed/finesse advantage.

The more I think about potential DCs to match up with an offensive minded HC (hopefully Ben Johnson) the more I like the idea of bringing in Todd Grantham who is currently the Saints' DL coach but has been coaching for 33 years with experience as a DC in both the college ranks and the pros...he has a lot of contacts and could build an impressive staff...he is also unlikely at 57 years old to get an HC gig longer term if the D starts to play well...

The biggest reason I want him is how impressive the Saints D has been through 6 games...

6th in scoring defence

4th in 3rd downs allowed

5th in 4th downs allowed

8th in overall redzone defence

2nd in QB completion percentage

2nd in QBR

7th in yards per carry

3rd in yards allowed per drive faced

5th in points allowed per drive faced 

6th in percentage of drives faced ending in points

All while facing the 2nd most drives in all of football...playing that well on the biggest downs is such an important skill...

Their defence has one true star in Marcus Lattimore and and up and coming CB in Alontae Taylor but after that it's a 34 years old and ageing pair of vets in Cam Jordan & Demario Davis then an often injured Tyrann Mathieu...their pressure percentage is only 1.9% higher than ours currently is but they are able to produce the numbers above...as we are seeing in NO, Atlanta & of course Detroit this is the defence that is causing modern NFL offences a lot of problems.

The dream would be the Saints offence sucks the rest of the year and they keep losing then Dennis Allen hits the market which would be perfect but if not Grantham would make a lot of sense to pair with an inexperienced offensive HC.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, Sugashane said:

What does everyone think of Brian Flores? I remember he got absolutely hosed by MIA and is the DC for the Vikes, but they aren't exactly loaded with talent so their meh defense might be about their ceiling. With the lawsuit being over I don't think he would be a horrible hire. 

I don't want him due to him being a defensive guy, but I'd have taken him over Eberflus in a crackhead heartbeat. 

Ehhh he comes with baggage of every that happened. Whether he was at wrong or others (I honestly forgot) when you have all that following you you better head shoulders and waist above the next best option. I’m not saying he shouldn’t get a chance and I wish him well but I’d rather see it from a distance with someone else.