Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That moves Sewell to LT, so Gary is going to eat all game long. 

This bigger issue will be whether Gary even has time to get to the QB before Goff dumps it off to Amon Ra on a quick hitter against our undermanned CB group. Those guys need to play aggressive and give our pass rush a chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Whoever blocks them up front the best with their makeshift OL will win.

I'm hoping Rhyan gets a chance to show what he can do. Newman was not awful last week, but he certainly wasn't good either. Not sure what it hurts to give him a shot.

It could see a lot of ways it could hurt if Rhyan is simply not ready. Newman has become an easy scapegoat but the truth is he has years worth of starts and has played decently. If Rhyan beats him out, so be it but so far that hasn’t happened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

This one is making me nervous.

I kinda feel the same way I did about NO game. Very solid team, capable of beating us for sure. Could be ugly if we're missing most of our Questionable guys again. Will come down to (as @Packerraymond said) which OL keeps their QB most comfortable (and turnovers).

If our defense plays like they did vs NO, I like our chances again. But if we lose a big ST play, or lose the turnover battle we'll need some big moments.

I think we're a scrappy, confident team right now though, too, and other teams are nervous of us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I just say throw everything at them and try to gain a W against a team that is probably a smidge better.  It's at home, so we should have some sort of an advantage, as I think the Lions are a team built for indoor turf fields.  Getting Watson and Jones back should prove to be a nice boost.  Hopefully Zach Tom is a go as well.  The left side of the line is a concern, so we might need to pay some extra attention of that side.  Hopefully our DL shows up ready to get after both the run and the pass.  They did a strong job in week one and three, but got steamrolled in week two.  This Lions team had no issues stopping ATL last week, but it was in their home confines.  Hopefully the Packers can get something going in the run game and get things opened up against the Lions.  It's going to be a close one tonight.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm not nervous at all.  Excited?  You bet.  Perhaps because I didn't go into this season with high expectations being in this position to take over the division lead with a W is fun as hell.  If we play well and don't shoot ourselves in the foot like we did against NO it should be a good game.  That's about as much as I can ask for with this young squad growing up together.

• Like 1