Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh they make little sense, last year you had 2 highly graded pass rushers and the best CB draft and they opted for a defensive player with no position and a raw tight end. Peppers and Njoku were guys you add to a contending team not one that is in a total rebuild. They could've walked away with Takk or Watt and a CB like King, White or Jones. Then there is the obvious bad evaluation on the franchise QBs in 2016.

This draft is going to be huge for the Browns, they better end up with the QB they're hitching their wagon to. They'll also have another top 10 pick most likely, hopefully they get the right guys in there.

Anyone can play the hindsight game, at the time they looked like decent moves

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1-27 and you win a power struggle....

Only the Browns.....

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Hue is not a very good coach.  

Looks to me like Brown has a pretty solid drafting resume. Passing on Wentz/Watson are really big misses, but for the return, I would have made those moves too. Browns roster is stacked with a bunch of guys who should stick for a few years. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I have to think McCarron will be the team's starting QB in 2018. What's stopping them from getting him this offseason?

Agreed.  This is a good year to need a QB because there are a lot of options in free agency and the draft.  I think McCarron will be brought in to compete with Kizer. I think that kizer is the log term option though and don’t understand why people hate on him.  He played pretty well given the lack of talent he had at WR.  I think people just need to give him a chance now that Gordon is back, Coleman is healthy, and Njoku is starting to develop.

39 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

When someone finally turns around the Browns I'd love to see the list since 1999 of people in charge/in power that failed to get the job done.

So let it be written; so let it be done:

Browns GMs Since 1999

cle.png&w=110&h=110

Since 1999, the Browns have had eight general managers (or similar role type), most in the NFL during that span.

SEASONS GM
2016-17 Sashi Brown<<
2014-15 Ray Farmer
2013 Michael Lombardi
2010-12 Tom Heckert
2009 George Kokinis
2005-08 Phil Savage
2002-04 Butch Davis
1999-01 Dwight Clark

10 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I have to think McCarron will be the team's starting QB in 2018. What's stopping them from getting him this offseason?

Common sense?    Cousins via trade / Rosen-Darnold with 1.1 way better options.   That was a desperation move out of impatience Brown saved the org from itself. 

Ironic that Brown’s last move before getting fired might have been the most important in saving the franchise.  

I think Hugh Jackson is a good coach and didn’t think Sashi deserved to be fired.  The Browns franchise was in such disarray that it just takes time to fix.  Yeah they passed on a few good QBs in the draft, but it was for the greater good of the franchise.  It’s the same way that the Vikings were able to build up their stacked roster.

It will be interesting to see who they decide to add to the front office this offseason John Dorsey, Jerry Reese, Peyton Manning.  I liked Sashi, but there are some good names to replace him with.

3 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Agreed.  This is a good year to need a QB because there are a lot of options in free agency and the draft.  I think McCarron will be brought in to compete with Kizer. I think that kizer is the log term option though and don’t understand why people hate on him.  He played pretty well given the lack of talent he had at WR.  I think people just need to give him a chance now that Gordon is back, Coleman is healthy, and Njoku is starting to develop.

Because he sucks. His accuracy is garbage. 

Archived