20 games in

NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

What is the bed and breakfast offense? Never heard of that.

Tom Walsh was our OC during Art Shell’s ill-fated 2nd spell as HC.

Prior to Shell bringing him back to coach our offense, he had been out of football for years and was managing a B&B. And it was incredibly obvious he had been out of the game for years.

• Like 3

I was A) never talking about performance, strictly dislike

B) I definitely hate kiffin and he’s right there with mcdoofus both=snakes imo

i figured shanahan would get a mention. Lol but would he have been that hated if he got an honest chance (no he did not) which in turn put him in Denver with a battle axe to grind with Davis, no matter he is still heavily disliked. 
IMO those are the top 3 for hated. I merely replied to BP stating he wasn’t too 5. In a true poll he would be. The end. I’m done with this now. Lol

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I was A) never talking about performance, strictly dislike

B) I definitely hate kiffin and he’s right there with mcdoofus both=snakes imo

i figured shanahan would get a mention. Lol but would he have been that hated if he got an honest chance (no he did not) which in turn put him in Denver with a battle axe to grind with Davis, no matter he is still heavily disliked. 
IMO those are the top 3 for hated. I merely replied to BP stating he wasn’t too 5. In a true poll he would be. The end. I’m done with this now. Lol

You could even argue jmd had the best offense out of all the hc’s and still failed tremendously 

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Tom Walsh was our OC during Art Shell’s ill-fated 2nd spell as HC.

Prior to Shell bringing him back to coach our offense, he had been out of football for years and was managing a B&B. And it was incredibly obvious he had been out of the game for years.

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

oh okay - I understand
so it's just an infamous name for it - not a really type of offense like for example "west coast" or "smashmouth" or whatever

Tom Walsh was using a playbook from the Early 90s 1992-1994 of plays that just didn’t work in that era in 2006. One of the worst offenses in NFL history. A prime Randy Moss quit during the season.

Ironically our defense was amazing that season. Either #2 or #3 in the NFL that season. Haven’t been that good since 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

Kiffin is probably the one that comes to mind the easiest. Although, back then I think I had more of a problem with Davis.  I loved the man, but at that point in time he was starting to go off the deep end and the projector firing was just horrific all around.  

• Like 1

The Raiders did the right thing by giving Josh a second year. You have to give the coach a real chance. I think after this season it’s open season where anything can happen. I don’t think he gets the protection that he got the first season. The coaching candidates this past offseason were not great. It makes a lot of sense to let him go this offseason as the candidates are much stronger. 

I came into this season with no expectations so I’m not even mad. Just want that top 5 pick at this point. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The Raiders did the right thing by giving Josh a second year. You have to give the coach a real chance. I think after this season it’s open season where anything can happen. I don’t think he gets the protection that he got the first season. The coaching candidates this past offseason were not great. It makes a lot of sense to let him go this offseason as the candidates are much stronger. 

I came into this season with no expectations so I’m not even mad. Just want that top 5 pick at this point. 

This.....