Week #5 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

How about Trevor Lawrence?

Well.....

We're already 2 1/3 years I to his career and he doesn’t have a ring yet. Or a jacket. 

Now, his rookie year deserves a pass. Aside from Gruden's last year with Vegas, I can't remember a team with THAT MUCH DYSFUNCTION. And Lawrence rebounded nicely last year. 

But, hey, I'll bite- I still don't think Lawrence is as good as a lot of people swore upon their first born sons he is. Last year was promising but nothing special, and he's not exactly lighting it up this year so far. Playing in a weak division helped his year 2 jump, but I have some doubts his upward trajectory continues the same now that Houston and Indianapolis look competitive again. 

And yet....he still looked more promising amid the sh!t show Urb brought to town than Young has shown. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Well.....

We're already 2 1/3 years I to his career and he doesn’t have a ring yet. Or a jacket. 

Now, his rookie year deserves a pass. Aside from Gruden's last year with Vegas, I can't remember a team with THAT MUCH DYSFUNCTION. And Lawrence rebounded nicely last year. 

But, hey, I'll bite- I still don't think Lawrence is as good as a lot of people swore upon their first born sons he is. Last year was promising but nothing special, and he's not exactly lighting it up this year so far. Playing in a weak division helped his year 2 jump, but I have some doubts his upward trajectory continues the same now that Houston and Indianapolis look competitive again. 

And yet....he still looked more promising amid the sh!t show Urb brought to town than Young has shown. 

No he didn't, you have short term memory, he was deemed as generational then looked like a bust, 17 ints uh.

He had his thread in the GB so they have that in common 😆

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Bill or Mike. Who is getting relieved first. Both franchises need to move on. BIll roster is awful. Mike to faithful to bad coaches. 

That's a tough call. Steelers front office is loyal beyond loyal...and Bill has five SB rings to give him some cushion

Just now, MWil23 said:

I had a Day 3 grade on Mac Jones. Noodle arm but accurate with zero athletic ability and a very short fuse is quite the gamble on intelligence and processing

I was so surprised he went in the first round. 

• Like 3

Bryce Young also doesnt have a lot to work with in terms of talent, WR, TE, OL, RBs are all pretty booty, thats why i didnt like the move from the start. To me you arent really setting up your young QB to succeed if you make a move like the Panthers did. Now you made that trade and hindered your ability for the next couple years to surround your young QB with talent after trading away all those picks and in this case a really good WR to get him. 

Now if the Falcons or Vikings were to make a move like that and give up significant draft capital for a young QB then i dont see a problem with it because those teams already have talent all over the field on offense.

To me theres a time and a place to trade up and shoot your shot to get a QB and it wasnt the right time imo for the Panthers to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

Bill or Mike. Who is getting relieved first. Both franchises need to move on. BIll roster is awful. Mike to faithful to bad coaches. 

I wonder if Bill being 30 games from Shula matters to Kraft at all. That's still far enough that it could easily take 5 years if the team gets no better, and I'm not sure I'd be holding out for that....but it could also mean something to Kraft, I have no idea.