Week #5 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Sure. And you were also probably calling for them to bench Ridder this past week as well for Taylor Heinicke. Give it a rest. Kirk is about washed. No thanks.

Define washed. Because statistically he was on pace for @aceinthehouse's 5,000 yards (and 44 TDs) through 5 games.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

You do if you want to actually win anything. Ridder is the perfect QB for the falcons if they want to get caught in the middle. No path to a top tier QB, no path to a SB.Β 

Kirk elevates the passing offense to a point where the falcons are legitimately a top 5 team in the NFC.Β 

They'd be the definite favorites in the NFC South at that point.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Define washed. Because statistically he was on pace for @aceinthehouse's 5,000 yards (and 44 TDs) through 5 games.Β 

He's 36 about to be 37. Steep decline historically for most QBs in that age range. Also, his contract isn't worth taking on and he has a no-trade clause. Falcons also aren't going to make the trade in the first place, so it's a moot point.

Just now, scar988 said:

Sure. And you were also probably calling for them to bench Ridder this past week as well for Taylor Heinicke. Give it a rest. Kirk is about washed. No thanks.

Β Futurama" The Lesser of Two Evils (TV Episode 2000) - IMDb

Do you think Ridder is a franchise QB???Β 

Β 

Kirk isnt washed. He is 2nd in passing yards in the league with 67% completion percentage and 13/4. He is still very good.Β 

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He's 36 about to be 37. Steep decline historically for most QBs in that age range. Also, his contract isn't worth taking on and he has a no-trade clause. Falcons also aren't going to make the trade in the first place, so it's a moot point.

He's 35. In an era where you can't hit QBs. He is a very clear upgrade to Ridder. I can't even believe we are having this debate.Β 

Don't use the excuse of a "moot point" to cover up your wrong opinion of him. ATL would be lucky to have him.Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Β Do you think Ridder is a franchise QB???Β 

Β 

Kirk isnt washed. He is 2nd in passing yards in the league with 67% completion percentage and 13/4. He is still very good.Β 

I do think Ridder is a potential franchise QB. And I don't think the Falcons need to press for a window that might or might not be there with Mr. Anti-Clutch.

Β 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

He's 35. In an era where you can't hit QBs. He is a very clear upgrade to Ridder. I can't even believe we are having this debate.Β 

Don't use the excuse of a "moot point" to cover up your wrong opinion of him. ATL would be lucky to have him.Β 

Naw, I'm good on him.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

I do think Ridder is a potential franchise QB. And I don't think the Falcons need to press for a window that might or might not be there with Mr. Anti-Clutch.

Can you please elaborate on what makes Ridder a potential franchise QB?Β