GDT Raiders (3-3) at Bears (1-5): Lets stack these dubs

NYRaider

Who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Bears

Just now, FloydFan said:

You have to be so obtuse. Yes it’s a better contract but it’s still not a position to want to be in. He is not good. They are both awful. But please, go off if you need to. 

Why wouldn’t you want to have Baker for 4M plus 3m of incentives?  
It’d have been the perfect stopgap contract for us.  Hoyer has more guaranteed money then him, lol.  The Jimmy G deal was an absolute joke, but while it was much smaller in value Hoyer’s deal with next year near fully guaranteed is equally dumb.  What kind of coach and GM think “we gotta lock 38yo Brian Hoyer up for 2 years!”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why wouldn’t you want to have Baker for 4M plus 3m of incentives?  
It’d have been the perfect stopgap contract for us.  Hoyer has more guaranteed money then him, lol.  The Jimmy G deal was an absolute joke, but while it was much smaller in value Hoyer’s deal with next year near fully guaranteed is equally dumb.  What kind of coach and GM think “we gotta lock 38yo Brian Hoyer up for 2 years!”

Because that’s not the point I’m making. He is not a good qb and they have no QB of the future because they obviously have no faith in Trask. I have not once said it’s a bad stop gap contract. I have said he is a bad QB and I wouldn’t want to be watching him either. 

Edited by FloydFan

This baker vs Jimmy discussion is silly. What have you seen from this front office to make you think we get baker for such a good contract. We are overpaying hoyer to much guaranteed money and somehow yall think baker deal would be structured well. Somebody show me some good contracts on this roster.  This team is terribly managed and terribly coached. 

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

This baker vs Jimmy discussion is silly. What have you seen from this front office to make you think we get baker for such a good contract. We are overpaying hoyer to much guaranteed money and somehow yall think baker deal would be structured well. Somebody show me some good contracts on this roster.  This team is terribly managed and terribly coached. 

Exactly. If we had signed Baker it would have been for like 4 years and 80 million or some crap and it would still be same sad results. 

37 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s JMD for you.  He’s done that several times.  I think he believes in trying to make it a 2 score game.  I’m no analytics genuis but I’m confident the math doesn’t support JMD’s decision making, nor has it every turned out in his favor in real life.

The trouble with that plan is that it’s only a two score game if you score TDs. For us, it’s actually a 5 score game 😁

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

But one is  more expensive than the other one?? Josh McDaniels has never evaluated a good QB ever in his career.

Yes and I have fully acknowledged that. My only point was you said Baker was “destroying” people and that couldn’t be further from the truth. I would prefer to see neither QB my team. 

14 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

What's the stat on Hoyer again in terms of consecutive losses as a starter? Was it 12 straight?

He’s lost his last 13 starts, that has to be a record 😂

Id rather of had Newton, Rivers, Ryan or Wentz out there.

The fact he is even still in the NFL is laughable. Hoyer should have been a special asst coach. Not a backup

Whats strange is that everyone outside of the building knew that Hoyer stinks but this coaching staff.

Raiders had over 80% of bets in most sports books placed on them

Edited by bucksavage1

21 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Because that’s not the point I’m making. He is not a good qb and they have no QB of the future because they obviously have no faith in Trask. I have not once said it’s a bad stop gap contract. I have said he is a bad QB and I wouldn’t want to be watching him either. 

I’m not trying to argue around your point, I get the point you’re making.  It’s a valid point, in fact the best argument for that point would be with a stop gap like Mayfield he’s just good enough to keep You from drafting high enough to get your QB of the future in the draft, but not good enough to be in the playoffs or even the mix of the playoffs come weeks 16+17.

but my point is both guys aren’t franchise QBs but paying mayfield 4-7M for 1 year is infinitely better of a deal then Jimmy G’s because he’s 15-20M cheaper year 1 and will have 28m in dead cap next year WHEN cut.  

so if I wouldn’t call them equal situations.  TB can probably let Mayfield walk and get a compensatory pick while we’ll have 30m in dead cap for Jimmy G and Hoyer.  You can’t possibly call them equally bad.  

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not trying to argue around your point, I get the point you’re making.  It’s a valid point, in fact the best argument for that point would be with a stop gap like Mayfield he’s just good enough to keep You from drafting high enough to get your QB of the future in the draft, but not good enough to be in the playoffs or even the mix of the playoffs come weeks 16+17.

but my point is both guys aren’t franchise QBs but paying mayfield 4-7M for 1 year is infinitely better of a deal then Jimmy G’s because he’s 15-20M cheaper year 1 and will have 28m in dead cap next year WHEN cut.  

so if I wouldn’t call them equal situations.  TB can probably let Mayfield walk and get a compensatory pick while we’ll have 30m in dead cap for Jimmy G and Hoyer.  You can’t possibly call them equally bad.  

That's not what I was doing though, they aren't equal situations. The only thing I merely brought up was that he said Baker was "destroying" people and I pointed out that was not the case. Of course we would rather have that deal on the books than Jimmy's, but if you give Baker Jimmy's deal we are still in an incredibly poor situation.