GDT Raiders (3-3) at Bears (1-5): Lets stack these dubs

NYRaider

Who wins  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Bears

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe I’m the only one that thinks Hoyer is not a bad choice, maybe they feel O’Connell needs a little more time and less expectations and tbh I was quite impressed with Hoyer against the Pats, relatively do anyway. Hoyer is the safer option but I understand we all want to see how the rookie looks.

I’m a oldie but I got flashbacks of hostletter 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe I’m the only one that thinks Hoyer is not a bad choice, maybe they feel O’Connell needs a little more time and less expectations and tbh I was quite impressed with Hoyer against the Pats, relatively do anyway. Hoyer is the safer option but I understand we all want to see how the rookie looks.

Hoyer against the Pats was more of a “caught you off guard” kind of situation. No one expected Hoyer’s bum *** to throw deep. Just like no one expected Stidham to shine against the Niners. Hoyer likely looks absolutely horrendous against Chicago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Hoyer against the Pats was more of a “caught you off guard” kind of situation. No one expected Hoyer’s bum *** to throw deep. Just like no one expected Stidham to shine against the Niners. Hoyer likely looks absolutely horrendous against Chicago. 

I agree. Chances are Hoyer looks like a washed up 38 year old who was average Qb during his best times in the NFL 

3 hours ago, RaiderX said:

O'Connell couldn't put up 20 against a depleted bottom 5 defense in LA. I'm not sure why hes the obvious choice to some. The riding it out with the young backup worked out with Stidham. Not sure it's time here.

Stidham was in his 3rd year and had previously appeared in 8 NFL games before that start against the 9ers.

I don’t think that’s comparable to O'Connell, who was literally seeing his first NFL regular season action in Week 3. He made some mistakes (partly as a result of being hung out to dry with Mack), but also grew into things and didn’t look wildly out of his depth in that game.

Against a team as bad as the Bears would have been an ideal way to evaluate/develop him further.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree to disagree. Guys has not made a play since his first season. Can't stay on the field. Tyler Hall has arguably outplayed him in the slot this season. The fact he's been out multiple weeks now and not missed in the lineup tell me he's been disappointing. 

I guess my disappointment is reserved for guys like Garoppolo and Wilson, I do have a lot of patience with guys like Hobbs as he’s clearly talented and committed but just struggling for consistency and keeps getting knocked up.

Maybe it’s levels of disappointment, just a minor disappointment for me rather than a major letdown. 😂😂

Edited by Darbsk

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

For me, it’s not about Hoyer necessarily though. I’d be thinking about O’Connell and if he’s ready. If he is, great but if he’s not quite ready then I’d rather start Hoyer even if he plays like a bum and make sure O’Connell starts at the right time. Long term thinking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

For me, it’s not about Hoyer necessarily though. I’d be thinking about O’Connell and if he’s ready. If he is, great but if he’s not quite ready then I’d rather start Hoyer even if he plays like a bum and make sure O’Connell starts at the right time. Long term thinking.

Surely O’Connell would be in a better position to start now than he was v the Chargers? We’ve been told that Hoyer is dressed as #2 QB as he’s better coming into the game than the rookie, what happens if Hoyer gets hurt, what position does that leave AOC? 

Decision seems to be at odds with previous decisions. Baffling. 

42 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Surely O’Connell would be in a better position to start now than he was v the Chargers? We’ve been told that Hoyer is dressed as #2 QB as he’s better coming into the game than the rookie, what happens if Hoyer gets hurt, what position does that leave AOC? 

Decision seems to be at odds with previous decisions. Baffling. 

Yeh, he’d probably be better off now than earlier due to that learning experience, but maybe what the coaches saw and reviewed on tape means he’s got some things to tidy up and maybe they thought Hoyer would be best to start before O’Connell as other teams will haveO’Connells tape too and they see some issues there they can pray on. Last thing we want is him losing confidence or getting his progression knocked back. 

I simply don’t know, and as you’ve said, it’s strange they would list Hoyer as #2 previously and deviate from that once then say what they said. Sounds like trying to justify the decision to me but they may have been sincere. I know O’Connell did really well in pre season but I wouldn’t complain if they decided to bring him along slowly, if that is what’s best for him ultimately.

• Like 1