Do you think the Bills current window is closed?

CP3MVP

23 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So the chiefs weren’t the best team last year?

I could make an argument that they weren't. But that is just completely missing the point of what I was saying. No one cares who the best team is... they care who wins the Super Bowl. The Bills might not be the best team, but they are absolutely a team I think could win the SB if things click for them at the right time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Shoulda Woulda coulda. The saints  missed the playoffs 6 years out of Brees prime(07,08,12,14,15,16). Which goes back to my original point, just because you have a great QB doesn’t mean you’re contenders every year. 

My point is, you asked for evidence, I gave you evidence that a good QB gives you a chance in multiple windows. Super Bowl in one year, Championship game 9 years later.

48 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Shoulda Woulda coulda. The saints  missed the playoffs 6 years out of Brees prime(07,08,12,14,15,16). Which goes back to my original point, just because you have a great QB doesn’t mean you’re contenders every year. 

It doesn't, but in order not to be you usually have to be exceptionally bad in other areas.  For example Saints, 2012-16 ranked 31,31,32,32 points per drive against.

Window’s not closed, no. You can see it closing, though. Their roster is aging and they’re not doing a good enough job replacing the talent that’s either aging out or leaving. The problems of last year (OL, DL, WR) are still there. They still refuse to dedicate themselves to the run game. The punishment Josh gives out is going to be due eventually. They need to change up their motives on offense, start drafting better, and hit on some FAs. 

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1

I don’t disagree that the Hyde/Poyer core is on its last leg. Dawkins is still relatively young and playing well though. 

As someone else said it’s really health on defense because the talent is there, and figuring out other skill position help outside of Diggs, this shouldn’t be hard, but for them it has been. I think Kincaid is legit if they would ever realize how to utilize him properly instead of just dumping the ball off to him. 

59 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Just because you make the playoffs, doesn’t mean you’re a real contender to win the Super Bowl. The 2021 Patriots made the playoffs, they never had a chance. 

But you can't be a contender if you don't make the playoffs.  

14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

People always say this but where’s the evidence of this? The saints weren’t contenders every year with Brees, neither were the packers with Rodgers or the Seahawks with Russell. 

We can even go back to the dolphins with Marino. They were only REALLY contenders like 6 of his 17 seasons. 

People look at guys like Brady, Manning, and Mahomes and think that any stud QB is going to have a perpetually open window. But Brady and Mahomes had great coaches and Manning had a legendary GM (and another one who was one of the best in the league when he was in Denver). 

You are right. I don't think Allen is a whole lot better than Wilson ever was. But Wilson's window effectively closed after 2015. Sure Seattle would still make the playoffs, but they weren't ever a threat to go deep after the LOB left. Rodgers had on and off windows. 

13 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You just have to make it to the dance with a guy like Allen on your team. Sure they might not be the favorite, but you will never want your team to play them in the playoffs because you never know when Allen might just go Superman and carry them to a win. 

NFL champions aren’t born from being the best team. They are born from being hot at the right time. The Bills are capable of doing that still imo. 

I don't agree with this. 

2022: Chiefs were the 1 seed and clearly the best team in the league. 

2021: Only two teams had 1 more win than the Rams, but of all the 12-5, 13-4 teams, the Rams were clearly the most dynamic team of the year. 

2020: I guess you could argue the Bucs got hot at the right time, but they were easily the most talented team in the league that year and once they figured it out with a new quarterback and lots of new talent, they basically became unstoppable. 

2019: Chiefs were the most balanced team. You could maybe argue the Ravens were the most flashy. But the Chiefs were like a top 2 team that year and clearly were going to be one of the big players come playoff time. Even the Ravens would have pegged the Chiefs as their biggest obstacle to a Super Bowl. 

2018: Patriots once their defense started clicking and Gronk got healthy became unstoppable. Even the team with the 1 seed still lost to the Patriots in the regular season and playoffs

2017: Eagles were the best team pretty much all year regardless of who the QB was. 

2016: Patriots were the clear best team. 

2015. Broncos even with a weakness on offense were still having a historic defensive run and were the team everyone was struggling to beat. 

2014: Patriots were the clear best team with the only real competition being the other team in the Super Bowl. 

2013: All year seemed to be a crash course between Seattle and Denver, and they both ended up in the Super Bowl. 

2012: Ravens got hot at the right time. 

2011: Giants got hot at the right time. 

2010: Packers got hot at the right time. 

2009: Saints and Colts were the best team all year and met in the Super Bowl

There was a 3 year period in the early 2010's where a team got hot at the right time and wasn't a clear top tier team come playoff time. But even then, Flacco/Eli wouldn't fit that description of a Josh Allen level QB and 2010 Rodgers wasn't really in that category either. But most of the time either the best team one or a team that probably on paper was the best team but needed a few things to start clicking later in the season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

People always say this but where’s the evidence of this? The saints weren’t contenders every year with Brees, neither were the packers with Rodgers or the Seahawks with Russell. 

We can even go back to the dolphins with Marino. They were only REALLY contenders like 6 of his 17 seasons. 

From 2009-2021 Rodgers had a winning record every year but 1

Russell Wilson from 2012-2020 had a winning record every year

Realistically in the NFL making the playoffs means you can be a contender as we’ve seen with several WC teams getting there. As volatile as the Bills and Allen are, if he is there he is capable of going on a run that cant be stopped

16 hours ago, General Tso said:

My point is, you asked for evidence, I gave you evidence that a good QB gives you a chance in multiple windows. Super Bowl in one year, Championship game 9 years later.

So in 15 years with Drew Brees they were contenders like half the time? 

Thats my point exactly 

46 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

From 2009-2021 Rodgers had a winning record every year but 1

Russell Wilson from 2012-2020 had a winning record every year

Realistically in the NFL making the playoffs means you can be a contender as we’ve seen with several WC teams getting there. As volatile as the Bills and Allen are, if he is there he is capable of going on a run that cant be stopped

Winning record doesn’t mean Super Bowl contender. The 2021 Patriots had a winning record lol. They were a team that made the playoffs whose role was to be a tune up match to another team 

Edited by CP3MVP

15 hours ago, Pugger said:

But you can't be a contender if you don't make the playoffs.  

And just because you make the playoff doesn’t mean you are a Super Bowl contender. Did you think the 2015 packers were Super Bowl contenders? 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Winning record doesn’t mean Super Bowl contender. The 2021 Patriots had a winning record lol. They were a team that made the playoffs whose role was to be a tune up match to another team 

I disagree, there have been plenty of teams that weren't even Top-3 in their conference that made it. 

Closed? No.

Need a retooling year? Yeah most likely. 

With Milano, Tre and Daquan all gone the defense isn’t going to play at a championship level. The offense so far this season has not played at the level or at least not consistently enough.

They are running more this year but it’s not as efficient as it needs to be. Knox and Davis have not taken a much needed step and Morse may be nearing the end of his solid play.

The original core that McDermott brought in, in 2017 won’t win a SB but a new core of Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, Kincaid, Torrence and next years draft could have a chance in 2025-2026. 

22 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

So you never considered your Steelers "contenders" during most of the Big Ben years? 🤔 

Edited by Nabbs4u