2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

20 minutes ago, soulman said:

I'm lost in nothing and when I call no joy and that I'm done debating something act like an adult and stop pursuing the issue with insults.

Insults? Whatever man.

And let me make sure of the rules, I need to “act like an adult” and just leave you alone on a public forum, but you then do the same thing and come back to continue just so you get the last word to feel better about yourself and that makes you what? Mature?

Got it, nothing better than blatant hypocrisy 

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Insults? Whatever man.

And let me make sure of the rules, I need to “act like an adult” and just leave you alone on a public forum, but you then do the same thing and come back to continue just so you get the last word to feel better about yourself and that makes you what? Mature?

Got it, nothing better than blatant hypocrisy 

I love that this forum always turns into a soap opera 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

No more soap.  He earned his way onto my ignore list and it takes some real effort at being an annoyance to do that.  And for the record the last post was his not mine.  By that time I'd already hit ignore and moved on.

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Quick tip Ty, if you ever want to make it on to his illustrious Ignore List, just disagree with him, doesn’t really take much effort apparently. Especially using common sense around his precious “analytics”

4 hours ago, soulman said:

So do we talk about round three here or begin a new thread for that?

I would think it’ll be here. Sucks to be ~45 picks from our next selection this early in the draft, but when our pick goes by I’ll remember that 98 is on the roster and feel better about it. 

21 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Also: I'm pregnant with your baby! And he's evil!

I’ve been sleeping with your brother this whole time. And he’s pregnant too

6 hours ago, soulman said:

So do we talk about round three here or begin a new thread for that?

Just make a new thread for each day of the draft. Makes it easier to go through in the future. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Also: I'm pregnant with your baby! And he's evil!

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

sesame-street-muppet-elmo-disappointed-s

Disappointed, but somehow not surprised. 

So I have spoken about playing the odds in moving 2025 draft capital to try and get a pick or two more in this years draft because the likelihood is if we are a winning team we get an extra 3rd next year and another in 2026...

Got me thinking about where we see ourselves next year...let's say Caleb can have a Stroud like season with all the talent around him and the defence do their thing and we win just one playoff game...picking say #24...I see no way shape that the Panthers are not picking top 3 next year (sure a lot can change but they are BAD) so that is a pick at #35 at the latest...is that 11 picks such a huge gap to not even trade our 1st in 2025 to get a quality prospect like JPJ or Newton if Poles & co have them higher enough on the board?...throw a much talent as possible at this year...

I would be down for moving the pick because of the knock on effect of winning with a rookie QB has...is Caleb hits the ground running and we win 10-11 games...look at the Texans and how they recruited in FA this offseason...people want to go there and play with Stroud because they can see the potential...imagine that here...imagine he develops into a Mahomes type of QB...look at how easy it is for KC to attract guys who could probably get paid more elsewhere because they want to be part of a winner and play with an all time great...this front office and coaching staff also need wins now...not in a couple of years...

The more we can throw behind Caleb from day one the happier I will be...also the reason I want us to be super aggressive in the post draft FA market...get a vet QB, get a vet backup LT in case something happens to Braxton, get another vet WR & TE for depth...people will take less to play with someone who could be elite and take them to the playoffs where a lot of vets have never been.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I am a handsome 21 year old fashionable doctor and I just left having an affair with an older woman who is also boss of the hospital. 

I have to inform you ...  It's triplets.