2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Reading through some of the rumours about tonight I think this could be one of the craziest we have seen for a while...teams apparently looking to move all over the place...outside of Caleb at #1 anything could happen.

I guess the consensus is that there are only 15-20 true worthy 1st round prospects to fill all 32 picks.. 20-50 are viewed as all very similar

So teams will have to get aggressive if they want their guy

and Rattler, the 7th qb,  can cause even more commotion

All these 30 visits from guys in that 20-50 range tells me that Poles thinks that he will be moving back into R2

Edited by SLCbear

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Is MJH trying to sink his stock...we are the only team he visited...won't happen...but can you imagine it did? hahahaha

He also visited Arizona I'm fairly sure. 

There does seem to be a pretty intentional effort to go to a good situation, however, and one can hardly blame prospects for not wanting to end up on a dumpster fire team. Washington, New England, New York Giants, Tennessee, Atlanta all have QB question marks (Atlanta being on the trail end of Cousins' career).... Not entirely sure why he wouldn't look at Chargers, though. Regardless, out of the entire top 10, we're pretty clearly the team with the brightest outlook for the next 2-10 years, and I'm sure that the prospects themselves know it. 

Just now, HuskieBear said:

i think we all saw this coming. poles loves his picks and could move back and still get a pass rusher. teams looking to jump NYJ for OL or offensive weapon will be hitting up CHI tonight

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Who wants to be in charge of making the OFFICIAL thread for each draft pick - we need to have only one or else this place becomes a cluster bone 

I should be able to if no one else wants to.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Is MJH trying to sink his stock...we are the only team he visited...won't happen...but can you imagine it did? hahahaha

Someone said his madden name is gonna be Melvin Henderson III

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Gut feeling 3 hours out (!!!!) is a top 3 WR if one is there at 9, and a trade down if they’re not. 

McShay talking that Rome might go 6 to NYG with Nabers falling to 8/9

Bears looking to trade back UNLESS one of the big three is there at 9

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

#9 for #31 and Brandon Aiyuk - give him a new deal, let KA walk next season? Aim for an OC/Newton/Robinson with #31?

I'll be honest I tried to pull off the exact same trade in one of the GM mocks earlier in the offence...would love Aiyuk here...think he would be perfect for Caleb...just not sure we commit that much money to the WR room this year or in the coming years given he is going to want St. Brown money.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'll be honest I tried to pull off the exact same trade in one of the GM mocks earlier in the offence...would love Aiyuk here...think he would be perfect for Caleb...just not sure we commit that much money to the WR room this year or in the coming years given he is going to want St. Brown money.

that's the beauty of DJ being paid $16M for 2 more years and CW on a rookie contract. We're going to have another $90M in cap next year with no one needing a new contract besides Jenkins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

that's the beauty of DJ being paid $16M for 2 more years and CW on a rookie contract. We're going to have another $90M in cap next year with no one needing a new contract besides Jenkins. 

I think if we brought in Aiyuk and paid him DJ might have something to say about it.